• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

POD HD - how are you hooking it up?

Gasp100

Gold Supporting Member
I noticed a few people stating the version of POD HD they choose is dependant upon size and such. Are you guys mounting these to an existing floorboard? I'm expecting to use the HD500 as my floorboard (nothing else) and possibly try to incorporate via MIDI some rack gear as well. I'm just wondering how you deal with the wall wart / AC connector issue hanging off your POD HD? Too bad you can't remotely power these somehow.

Vettavillenl

Im using my POD HD500 solely (it's widest HD, wider as to X# Live), with nothing else, so no mounting on a flooboard, it is my floorboard. PU's length should be adjusted on prodcution units.

Regards
- Hans

Gasp100

Gold Supporting Member
"PU's length should be adjusted on prodcution units." -- not sure what you mean here.

_pete_

Silver Supporting Member
I considered getting the HD500 but there are a few things I need that it won't do.
My plan was to use a PedalSnake from the HD to my rack. That would cover ins, outs, MIDI, and power.

GuitarTone

I'm going to use one of these new high tech things called a cable, with a 1/4" jack on both sides.
One side plugs into the Line Out of the HD, the other side plugs into a Sound Card.

It's called the ONE cable method.

Gasp100

Gold Supporting Member
I'm going to use one of these new high tech things called a cable, with a 1/4" jack on both sides.
One side plugs into the Line Out of the HD, the other side plugs into a Sound Card.

It's called the ONE cable method.
Let me know how that works out without the OTHER important cable connected called "power" with a giant wall wart on it...

:bow

doesitmatter

Actually, I was using my iPad last night and thinking how long the battery lasts.

What if Line 6 incorporated a rechargeable battery? You'd never have to look for another outlet on stage again!

My band is going all headphones at practice (which causes arguments about the mix) so I'm going to run the HD XLR out straight into the p.a.

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
Direct to the house.

Guitar into input, acoustic piezo into aux input, two chains, summed together, to house.

I hope to have a grab and go solution for Church better than I ever have had before.

Vettavillenl

"PU's length should be adjusted on prodcution units." -- not sure what you mean here.
The length of the pre-production of the PU was short and an adjustment to it was made. I haven't seen the length of the production units. Allthough a store near me has them in stock now, but I forgot to look..

Cheers
- Hans

Tarkus

I'm not sure what your issue with the wall-wart is? Line6 gear normally has an in-line wart so it doesn't take up an extra socket. Am I missing something here?

Anyway, since I currently don't have one this is all speculation, but my plan right now is when gigging I'll run 2 xlr's to the PA and then have a dt50 on stage.

In the home studio I'll run 2 xlr's to the firepod and listen through the monitors.

toelessfoot

I'll be using the 4 cable method plus midi cable to plug the HD500 in to my Marshall JVM215c. The 4 cable method allows you to have signal processing before and after the preamp, which is great if you want to still use the preamp on your amp.

Most of my patches will use the preamp on the marshall (switched using midi) and efx from the HD, but I'll have some that do everything on the HD500 and the beauty of the setup is that I can remove the effects loop from the HD500 signal chain which, because of the 4 cable method, now doesn't send the signal through the marshall's preamp, it instead goes straight into the power amp for a more ideal amp modelling setup. Awesome!

Another cool thing is that since the HD500 has full midi controlling capability and the JVM215c can recall the mode, master volume and reverb setting, I can assign master volume settings to the FS buttons on the HD500 for a true volume boost.

Top Bottom