• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Pod HD vs 11 Rack (as close to a blind test as I could get)

Proco

Uhm... I like them both, but that well may be because of the playing and touch ;)

Anyway, the first one sounds to me a little deeper/fat whereas the second one seems to have that kind of mid-hump Line6 always seems to feature in their products.
Not a bad thing (cuts well thru the mix), but I guess it's kinda like their "signature" tone.

But if you listen to them separetly... well, I don't think anyone could tell the difference.

Could you please make a mid-crunch A/B comparison? Plexi kind of tone?

atquinn

Silver Supporting Member
"A" was the clear winner for me. Just sounded more "alive" (whatever that means :D). "B" sounded thin and flat by comparison. Because of my personal experiences with both units I'll say "A" was the 11R. If not, I need to get another HD500 and start tweaking some more! :D
-
Austin

fakeox

With such a clean tone there's less to give it away: a/hd b/11r. Oh yeah, b.

Last edited:

Jim Soloway

Thanks guys. I've added a version C.

And sorry Proco. I really only play squeaky clean. I wouldn't know what to do with a mid-crunch Plexi kind of tone.

Chadley

Silver Supporting Member
I am not listening on my near field speakers like normal.....laptop instead. But I would say that A is the 11R and B is the HD500. Like I have stated in other threads were I knew which one was which, I greatly preferred the 11R.

shasha

If I had to guess which was which I'd say that A is the 11R as well because of the chiminess on the highs which I thought was really prevelant on a lot of their amp models (usually a good thing, sometimes not so good for me). But who knows since you could have dialed in just about anything.

As for which one I prefer it'd be A as well. I think that it sounds like it's got a broader voice or something where B sounds a bit flat and sterile. I'm not really sure whcih is best for what you are playing though, I just know that I want something that stands out more.

HolyMuffDiver

I have no idea which is which (I don't know how you would tell, except by assuming one unit is better and then saying it's the better-sounding clip), but I think I prefer B. (I own and like the HD500, haven't experienced the 11R in person.) They both sound good, however; I wouldn't say either one is the clear winner.

Aaron Mayo

A sounds old, in a good way. B has more clarity. If I had to pick, I like C for some reason I can't put my finger on. Good stuff!

AZG

Listening through headphones I like B better. Not sure which is which.

Stratofuzz

Silver Supporting Member
I vote "C" then "A" for preference. (Dig them all) Great example of it ain't the equipment but the artist that makes the music.

msr13

I think A is the 11R and B is the Pod. I liked B better-- of course A, B, and C were all great playing.

monsta

Those aren't high gain tones, so they basically all sound the same to me.:p

Out of A & B, I think B is the 11R (only based on the fact I like it better)

Last edited:

JoeBuerger

I like B better. Both have amazing playing, but B has little more in each note played. I hope that's the Pod!

mdme_sadie

Both were good, but I preferred B, it just sounded a little more alive and real to me, closer to a recording in the room with some air. A sounded more processed to my ears.

Trending Topics