POD HD500 and Stereo and Recording

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by MikeNiteRail, Feb 1, 2012.

1. MikeNiteRail

MikeNiteRail Member

I got my HD on Monday. I have set up three patches using single amps because of DSP limitations. I would like to have the effects run in stereo where applicable. (My original intent was to use dual amps with soft pans to each side)

Right now, I run the POD HD 1/4" outs to the ins of a Boomerang III. The stereo outs of the Boomerang III feed the two channels of my Mackie Blackjack USB interface.

When monitoring out of the interface, I only get signal to one channel.

On the HD, I have my effects going into an amp sim with the mixer set to center. Specifically, Growler>Phaser>Chorus>Rotary Drum/Horn>Delay>Bassman.

Any help? I am fine not using the dual amps, but still want the stereo effects in stereo. Thanks!

PS. I am bummed I can't assign 4 effects to the footswitches like this and use a dual amp setup.

2. MikeNiteRail

MikeNiteRail Member

Is my problem not having the stereo effects AFTER the looper (and not panning in the mixer)?

3. Pietro

Pietro 2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy

In the mixer, it sounds like your sound is panned all the way to L or R. Check that first.

OOPS Just read you did that...

Stereo FX might need to be after the mixer if you're using dual amps... You can't, I think, put them after the looper in the chain.

4. MikeNiteRail

MikeNiteRail Member

What about if I am not using dual amps and just stereo effects?

I managed to download Glenn Dulane's patches and will try testing some of them to see if I can get a signal to both sides...I am not near the POD now to try it, but knowing those are set-up right, it will help me trouble shoot.

As far as I know, all the cables are good and where they should be. Thanks!

5. Pietro

Pietro 2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy

If you find it's not working with one of your patches, I'd be happy to look at the patch if you emailed it to me (my email is in my info page here on TGP).

I'm unemployed currently, so I have time to help.

6. travisvwright

travisvwright Member

Try going straight from the HD to the Mackie. Is that stereo? At least limit your issue to either the HD or the boomerang.

7. coderKen

coderKen Supporting Member

Also make sure that you don't have a mono effect after any of your stereo effects. I believe this will sum your signal to one side.

8. toasterdude

toasterdude Member

Also i believe the drives and some other stomps will sum to mono.