POD HD500 question

blynn894

Silver Supporting Member
I know, I know, yet another noob question.

I am wondering if ny of the foot switches can serve to purposes? Can, say FS1 be set for OD but then when pressed again switch to a heavier lead distortion, or like set for one delay time and then when pressed switch to another delay?

Thanks for any help

mulch

actually yes you can. you can assign multiple effects to one FSW and when you hit the switch it will toggle each effect on or off. so you could setup 2 OD's, set one on, the other off and the FSW would switch between them. or you could setup a chorus and delay, both off, and the FSW would turn both on/off when pressed.

CharAznable

Silver Supporting Member
Yes it can be done.

In the software, press the virtual FS1 to the ON position, then assign effect 1 to it.

Then press the virtual FS1 again to set it to OFF, and now assign effect 2 to it.

You can now toggle between the two effects.

Bobby D

Yes it can be done.

In the software, press the virtual FS1 to the ON position, then assign effect 1 to it.

Then press the virtual FS1 again to set it to OFF, and now assign effect 2 to it.

You can now toggle between the two effects.

that's cool -- i did NOT know that! thanks Charaznable! :band

guitarnet70

Actually yes: if you assign 2 instances of OD (with the 2 settings that you're looking for) to the same footswitch and you set 1 on and the other off, when you tap on it it will switch off one and on the second one.

Edit: it looks like I was too long on the phone while I was writing....

GuitarKidd

Actually yes: if you assign 2 instances of OD (with the 2 settings that you're looking for) to the same footswitch and you set 1 on and the other off, when you tap on it it will switch off one and on the second one.

Edit: it looks like I was too long on the phone while I was writing....
My main patch has two OD's in the chain.. one or the other.

blynn894

Silver Supporting Member
This sounds awesome to me, just what I'm looking for, thanks for your input!!

AndyZ

I use mutliple effects to one switch to control effects doing different things together. I created a patch with Wendy & Lisa (from Prince's band) on her HD500 that when assigned on one FS, uses the pedal to do 3 things together to the amp and 2 effects. It increases the reverb wash/mix, while descreasing delay trails and amp channel volume to 0 when fully toed down. Back it in heel and it plays normal. Cool effect!

Trending Topics