POD HD500x help

Close2thEdge

Can you set up the POD HD500x so that every other effect assigned to a button turns off automatically when you switch between them? I have an EVH 5150 III 100W head and I'm using that to power it. I think I've found a way (4CM), though not fully tested, to keep the punch of that amp and just use the POD as an effects board with the pedalboard setup. The problem is, I can't find anything that says specifically if you can create a few different tones and switch between them without turning each other one off individually. The closest thing I found was using 2 effects on one button, having one effect off and the other on, then using another button with those 2 effects but having one on and one off respectively. That seems like it would only work if I'm trying to go from one to the other back and forth, but I'll need to go from a clean with a delay to a distortion with reverb into a lighter distortion, and more combos with different sounds. I'd like to be able to use the POD like my EVH 5150 III just with its footswitch because that has 3 channels and when you go to one channel it turns off the others. I just need more than 3 channels and tones. Any advice?

KCNC

If you set up patches then you can call up your choice of amps and/or effects on each patch, and determine the on-off status when the patch is selected. There is the slight delay factor however, and no trails.when switching. That said, I believe you get up to 500 patches. Easiest way to set this up is to hook to a computer and use the editing software. You can set up a patch, copy that patch. to other patches and make edits. Saves a lot of time

Last edited:

Close2thEdge

What you would ideally need is the snapshots feature found in the newer units.

With the tools available in the HD500X you can get a sort of snapshots, but just 2.

Ie you can assign as many FXs you want in their current state on/off to just 1 footswitch, and use that footswitch to reverse the current state on/off of all of them at the same time, sort of 2 snapshots only functioning (but limited to on/off switching only).

Since (for a reason) you can not also assign the same FX to different FSs (if it was ever possible it would have been a mess) you are limited to the 2 sort of snapshots above.

If you are playing in sync over tracks generated by a computer you could use instead MIDI to automate the FXs switching (and else).

Or simply use different presets if the small lag time when switching between them is not a problem.
We used an Xray and an iPad to have a metronome run through our in-ear monitors. I have a laptop. Do you think I could use a midi controller to change to specific tones set on the POD at the right time without needing to manually change them with my foot/POD?

Close2thEdge

Yes, surely you could do it, but perhaps it would be better to have something more than a simple metronome track (eg one or more recorded instrumental tracks of the songs) as an auditory reference to synchronize everything at the right times: your playing and automatic sound changes.
Yes, I agree. Thank you so much for your help! I seriously appreciate it

Trending Topics