PODxt Problems

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by Daniel B., Sep 10, 2006.

1. Daniel B.

Daniel B. Member

I think my wife unknowingly pushed the "stomp" button too hard on my PODxt and now my distortion sounds terrible when I activate it. I immediately corrected her, but I knew it was an accident. Anyways, this just happened today and after playing for about 30 minutes, the distortion went haywire on me. Any thoughts? Would this cause the distortion to be jacked up or do I have another problem?

2. Daniel B.

Daniel B. Member

Boy, I'm blown away by the responses to my question...wow. Alot of technical geniuses here. What? Is my PODxt beneath you guys or something? Yeah, I'm just being sarcastic.
    I figured out that it wasn't my POD, it was my headphones :jo . So there ya go. I have to buy a new set of headphones. I'm a freakin' genius. At least if anyone else on this forum has the same problem they'll have a place to find a possible solution. CHECK THE HEADPHONES! Peace out.

3. djem

djem Member

maybe you should have had your wife stomp on your headphones ;)

4. trdlasvegas

trdlasvegas Member

Actually I wanted to help but I couldn't find a button labeled "stomp" on a PODxt, so I waiting for you to clarify it a bit.

-Tony

5. mbratch

mbratch Member

I'm not sure how slamming on that pedal would directly affect distortion. But slamming on a pedal could do lots of things, like crack a trace in the ciruit board, damage the frail PCB mounted button underneath, break a solder joint, etc.

You could take it apart and visually inspect in/around the PCB button for anomolies.

More generally, how much time transpired between the time you knew it worked OK and the time your wife stepped on it? How much time transpired between the time she stepped on it and the time you noticed an audio problem? Was the pedal used or messed with any time in between those intervals?

6. trdlasvegas

trdlasvegas Member

Still trying to figure out just where you wife "stomped" on this:

[​IMG]

Yea I know you really meant to say "PODxt LIVE", instead of "PODxt". Totally different animal.

-Tony