POG 2 Sub Octave + lpf for isolating A & E strings

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by mtturner, Mar 5, 2015.

1. mtturner

mtturner Member

Hi,

Was just wondering if any ehx POG 2 owners might be able to help me out as I haven't been able to find a definitive answer anywhere.

I perform a solo acoustic guitar act and I’m currently using the boss oc-3 to create an octave down for any notes up to the open D string frequency. It works quite well at isolating these notes it’s just that the tracking is not very good.

Would the low pass filter On the POG 2 be precise enough to only output the octave down effect from the the open D string frequency and below? If possible to narrow down to this specific frequency then would there be a gradual volume drop over a few notes or is quite an aggressive filter (ideally looking for an aggressive and sudden volume drop)? I will be using an A/B splitter before the POG 2 and will send this “bass” signal to a separate preamp.

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!

2. ERGExplorer

ERGExplorer Member

I suggest you use a Rolls SX-21 Crossover for the pitch split, and then whatever octave you find best to affect the low end.

Grubgoat likes this.
  3. 8strings0hair

8strings0hair Member

^This.
    I use the Rolls for my 8 string guitar and it is quite wonderful to be able to split the signal so easily at the frequency of your choice, and put specific effects either before or after the split.

4. gibs5000

gibs5000 Member

the Low pass filter, rolls off all the highs when set to minimum value, to the point where it is flat sounding, I wouldn't say that It would be the best method, especially if you only want it to process the lower strings, while still keeping your higher strings intact. In other words, you can't have it both ways.

5. T-bone S.

T-bone S. Member

I know this is an old thread, but I've just ordered a Rolls sx21 for the same purpose - just wondering as the the Rolls appears to be line level would you use a D.I. before and after to convert instrument to line then back to instrument level before amps? Or how does this work?