POG 2 vs. Micro POG...help!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by slpayne, Feb 1, 2012.

1. slpayne

slpayne Member

Ok, so heres my dilemma...i have a POG 2 and love it. However, all i use it for is to color chords and add color...not really for any out there organ type stuff or anything....should i sell it and get a micro POG to save space on my board and get a lil $$ or should i keep it in case i ever need it?

2. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus Member

I'd sell it. I'd rather have extra money than a bunch of pedals I barely use.
    I do have a few I rarely use, but in general if I'm not using something I sell it. You can always buy one back used.

3. Occam

Occam Member

Buy a micro POG first and see if it actually works for you before you sell the 2. I'm more of a person to just hold onto pedals even ones I haven't used in years. From time to time I'll sell a bunch and buy something really nice. There's a lot of cool sounds in the Pog2, are you certain you can't use it for anything else?

4. Fendert

Fendert Member

I dont even use the organ sound, I actually hate it! I put my drives before the POG and I will only use the dry signal with the attack shaved almost all the way and when you have a lot of gain behind it, and a nice delay and verb after it, It makes a really awesome almost feedback sound. I use it all the time.

The POG 2 seems to only be the organ pedal to most people, but it can really do so much more! And the micro pog isn't much smaller anyway.

5. slpayne

slpayne Member

hmm.....change of direction for this thread...how can i get some cool, non organ sounds...interesting swells or colorations maybe? ive played around with it some but its a pretty overwhelming little pedal...

6. drolling

drolling Member

yes, I too got a POG2 for those cool organ sounds, but have since fallen in love with all the extra bells & whistles that have little or nothing to do with pitch shifting - Like the filters, for example; There's one that does a beautiful swell effect. Like a BOSS Slo-Gear, except it actually works!

This happens occasionally. I rarely use my MoogerFooger 102 for ring modulation either. Turns out it's got this really cool trem circuitry I wasn't even aware of when I got it

One thing for sure; All three POGs (original, Mocro & 2) are very different creatures, that neither sound, nor act identically

I'd suggest trying a Micro with your own rig before giving up the one you already own. One nice thing about EH gear, there's usually a place to demo locally

**EDIT*** Just read the OP's last post: There's a bunch of downloadable templates somewhere on the EH site with settings for 'Flutes', 'Mellotrons', 'cello', 'string (acoustic) bass', etc. Very inspiring, and a good jumping off point for your own experimentation

Till I looked at these, I'd never even thought of pressing those two 3-position buttons in the pedal's center.. You're right. it's a fairly deep pedal for an old tubescreamer-type guy like me..

7. thesooze

thesooze Member