• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

POG Users

YOUR favourite POG version?

• Original POG

• Micro POG

• POG II

Results are only viewable after voting.

FF71

Silver Supporting Member
What is the ultimate version? I sold my Micro POG, but I kinda miss it. Is the PoG II a better option or the original POG?

Empros

There's no real "best".
POG2 for options and presets. Can do a lot more than the other options, lots of synthy sounds.
Micro POG for simplicity and straight down and up octaves.
Original POG if you want dirty octaves. The Input slider on it is absolutely amazing and something EHX needs to bring back. I think it works best for a dirty sound out of the three.

Josh33

I wish they would release a drive based off the input in the original pog. something really weird and special about the way it grits up.

cas29

For versatility nothing beats a POG2. It just does so much more than the organ sounds its famous for.

Snufkinoob

Since the POG is running at a higher voltage it has way more headroom you can push the levels of everything higher, which is really useful for the sub-octave.

I've had the POG and Micro side by side, and they sound identical when the POG's sliders are set half way and the Micro's are maxed out.

The Micro is the least versatile, then the big box, then the Pog 2.

Micro - small, no frills
Pog - Can be pushed, has a few extras, but it's big, and a little noisy
Pog 2 - Smallish, loads of extras and presets, but limited in headroom like the Micro

FF71

Silver Supporting Member
There's no real "best".
POG2 for options and presets. Can do a lot more than the other options, lots of synthy sounds.
Micro POG for simplicity and straight down and up octaves.
Original POG if you want dirty octaves. The Input slider on it is absolutely amazing and something EHX needs to bring back. I think it works best for a dirty sound out of the three.
How many presets can you do? Are POG digital? Even the micro?

Longer

Silver Supporting Member
POG2 - 8 presets - crazy versatile - just got mine and I dig it.

Empros

How many presets can you do? Are POG digital? Even the micro?
Yup, like mentioned above - 8 presets on the POG2.
I'm pretty sure the POGs are digital, including the Micro. The Micro is buffered bypass and has a dry out, the POG2 is true bypass. Not sure that matters though as the Micro's buffer is great.

AXXA

Silver Supporting Member
They are all digital. They're also some of the best pedals ever!

I use a Micro, and have used it pretty heavily for a few years. Love it for octave down. I had a POG2 for a while, and it can do so much more stuff, and a very convincing organ sound of course. But the Micro just does it for me, so that stays on my board.

I STILL haven't got an old POG, despite it being one of my favorite effects ever. One of these days....

slap_back05

I like the Micro best because I use pretty much 2 settings, one with a lot of dry mixed in and one with almost none, which I can just turn with my foot. The dry out is also how I split to my tuner so its pretty indispensable to me.

JRMagnus

The POG 2 simply because of the versatility compared to the other two. I would however never re-purchase the POG 2. I think for the price there are better pedals with far more options that justify the little extra $. Pitchfactor/H9 or the HOG 2 would be the pedals I'd be eying up if I were to buy another pitch pedal.

pulse.

Gold Supporting Member
I have a POG 2 since it was released, I love the small package, the 9V, and the presets,
Before that I had the original version which for me had more character.

I've only had the Micro and the POG2.I kept going back to the Micro POG,it positively has better tracking and just sounds better.
The filter on the POG2 is also very hard to dial in.

earwax

I had a POG2 but sold it and bought the original. Sounded better to my ears. Sometimes I wish it was smaller and had different power requirements but other than that I don't miss the pog2

I've had all three and these are my thoughts...

The micro pog is great and has super clean octaves. If all you need is a simple octave with nothing else this will do. Only problem I had with it was the buffer, didn't play too nice with my fuzz face pedals. I would always run the pogs before the fuzz.

The pog2 was a lot of fun. Presets were a great option and you can get a VAST amount of sounds from it. Super clean octaves. Same issue with the buffer though. Just didn't go along as well as I wanted it too with my fuzz.

Onto the original pog. This one In my opinion is the best of the three. Clean octaves or gritty depending on how you set it. This is the most powerful sounding out of the three. I played them all live and the original sounded huge over the other two and it just killed at gigging volumes. Also the buffer is the best to my ears. Who knows if it's the same or different than the others but it plays nicer with my fuzz and does the organ sound better than the other two as well. This is my pick and will forever be my go to for a powerful lead/riff sound or beautiful ambient sounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ldizzle

Silver Supporting Member
I had the original but now have the micro due to real estate and me really using it just for an octave.

They all have their virtues, but for me I'd say original POG for raw sound and balls, POG2 for features. After gigging the big POG for years I switched to the POG2 for the last year and a half for the presets, size, 9v, etc. I like it and appreciate how much they packed into that little box, but for me it really doesn't come close to the filthy power of the original. The POG2 sounds great, but is way more polite.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom