• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

POG2 placement?

voxylady

Went through a ton of pages on the search but couldn't find a good placement post for the POG2. I don't actually have it yet, (it's in the mail), but was curious where you guys put yours. I'm running my Tele>tuner>muff clone>rat clone>Tim>Timeline (on the way)>tremolo>boost>reverb>AC15. Any info would be awesome.

CaptainAwesome

It definitely is a stupid username
Silver Supporting Member
I haven't owned a POG2, but in my experience octave pedals work best early(first) in the chain.

JSteed

I think before modulation/delay, but it's up to you and your ears whether you put it pre or post dirt. It seems to track ridiculously well everywhere!

beedoola

It depends on the dirts...

experiment and see for yourself.

Some fuzzes will suck OUT the character of the POG2 or can't handle it.

Like my Fuzz Factory clone. I have an OG POG and the POG into the FF doesn't sound as good as the reverse.

I prefer the signal as: Guitar>Dirts>Pog>modulation, delay, reverb...

AXXA

Silver Supporting Member
With the POG2, the tracking will be fine no matter where you place it, and it is true bypass, so you don't have to worry about buffer placement issues. It'll work well pretty much anywhere.

It will sound different before and after dirt though, so you'll have to try if both ways. Also, if you use it with dirt, the filter will react differently depending on where it's pre or most dirt. For example, if you have the POG2 after your muff, having the filter set low will cut the muff's treble too, depending on your settings.

It sounded good to me before and after .... Just slightly different.

One benefit o having it post dirt is the compression that dirt boxes provide helps to improve the tracking.

FLYING V 83

Gibson Geezer
I just like it in the middle for aesthics

Different flavors with the before & after dirt which suits me fine.

Last edited:

Footbutt

Silver Supporting Member
since i use mine for more that a few things, it's after the Tuner.
(buffer > Tuner > POG2 > etc...)

voxylady

So I tried it after my butt, but it started smoking when I turned it on. I don't think my butt is providing the right milliamps that is required of the pedal.

Joeldipert

I have 2 octave/harmony effects (EQD Bit Commander and EHX Ring Thing) and I put them right after tuner, jut before dirt. Good tracking this way, although I don't think the POG2 ever has trouble tracking.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom