• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Polarity Question - T-Rex

emejia

I bought a Hartman treble booster with center pin positive, or positive ground, input. However, my T-Rex Fuel Tank Classic didn't come with the orange polarity reversing cable. Does anyone know if I can use the Visual Sound reverse polarity converter with this set-up? Alternatively, does anyone know where I can buy the T-Rex orange polarity converter cable? Thanks for the help.

Blackmoreguitar

Gold Supporting Member
I bought a Hartman treble booster with center pin positive, or positive ground, input. However, my T-Rex Fuel Tank Classic didn't come with the orange polarity reversing cable. Does anyone know if I can use the Visual Sound reverse polarity converter with this set-up? Alternatively, does anyone know where I can buy the T-Rex orange polarity converter cable? Thanks for the help.
I think, the Fuel Tank Classics 9v outs share a ground connection, i.e. they are not isolated. If this is the case, (you should check), you can't mix positive ground pedals with 'normal' negative ground pedals regardless of whether you use a polarity reversing cable or not. You will short the power supply out. You need an isolated output, or a gig rig virtual battery which will isolate the Hartman.

emejia

Thank you, I think you're right since there is no indication the outputs are isolated. On to plan B., finding a negative ground treble boost.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom