Poll: Food vs. George L's...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by nashvillesteve, Jul 20, 2006.

Which would you buy if you had $53 until 08/01???

1. $40 used set of George L's (18 plugs) + cable

2. Food other than Ramen that is already at the house

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

I have $53 in my bank account until next paycheck comes through on 08/01.... should I spend $40 on a set of George L's (18 connectors total, 8 patch cables made) from Craigslist for this audition on Saturday I've got?

I have really been suffering without cables and the purchase might dissuade me from making other purchases because I'd finally be able to run a nice clean sounding pedalboard and probably all my pedals at once in stereo if I combined my crappy cheapo cables a friend gave me as well...

???? I'll be OK on the first of August, should I do it? I really, really, really want to. I think I should receive a check for $35 before the first as well for something I picked up here in n-town for a TGPer....

2. livedead13

livedead13 Member

i know that i would not be able to go 13 days with only $13, but if you think you can make it...

do you have a credit card? you can always buy food with that, buy the George Ls in cash now. who knows how long they will remain on Craigslist...

3. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

4. Gi-gi-giggity

Gi-gi-giggity Member

Dude....eat first. If you malnourish yourself to the point of sickness then you won't be able to get out and play or earn any money at all.
    Chances are no one (other than you) will notice that you have nice new cables or not.
    I love to play too, but don't screw around with your health...it's just not worth it.

5. sosomething

sosomething Member

Ramen is good. #1 for me.

6. gapple88

gapple88 Member

If u only have 53 bucks in yr acc, u shouldnt even be spending 10 more so 40 (75+%) of your worth rite now....

There's more impt priorities and overspending on gears are not one of them if u cannot afford it..:jo

7. burningyen

burningyen Gold Supporting Member

8. Matt F

Matt F Member

Food..... Get some good rest, feel good and audition with your skills :)

Food & Nutrition > Gear

9. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

Food.

What about gas, or do you not drive?

10. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

I just put $10 in that'll get me until the $35 check comes through sometime between now and aug 1st (probably early next week)... I just got this new job and it's way better than my old one, but I was slightly behind on bills and such and by the 2nd paycheck I receive in august I should have money beginning to pile up again... (or some gear...)

11. dosmun

dosmun Member

That's a great price on GL's Jump on it. Ya can always hang out at friends houses around dinner for a week :dude

12. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

Now, I like that idea!

I'm going to have to make that my regular thing so my food costs become nil and all those funds turn into bonus gear costs!

I know there are some people here more deranged with me, but look at my list at the bottom... the amps and guitars were bought with lawn mowing profits in high school, but everything else was made on a $300-450 a week income working in restaurants while in school... rent, bills, food, gear (but I always despised that order!) I guess there's a point with GAS where you start rejecting Maslow's hierarchy of needs... (and that rice is sounding really tasty with chilis and tomatoes- I'd better take my lunch break and go to the house for some spicy ramen!)... I'm like a retarded flat broke loser who might be able to afford car payments on a better vehicle (1993 nissan sentra xe that has myriad troubles, ranging from no gas needle response, no acceleration, no AC, no hills, sounds like air force one landing..), but I am reasonably happy with my gear thus far, and that's what counts. I spent my whole tax return on pedals (Deluxe Moon Phaser and Discumbobulator) and a Yamaha P-70 electric piano... (read: i'm an idiot)

13. Gi-gi-giggity

Gi-gi-giggity Member

14. Guinness Lad

Guinness Lad Silver Supporting Member

If they are the 90 degree angle contectors I'd skip it. I have had nothing but problems with these, and yes I've done all the tricks. My final trick is to take a couple drops of super glue and drop this into the threads. Generally, this creates a locking effect which can be removed. If this doesn't work I will have a bunch of George L angle connectors for sale. It really sucks because I have never had a single problem with the straight plugs, I don't know why the other connector seems so inferior.

15. ChrisP

ChrisP Member

if not now, he will be soon :rotflmao

16. gapple88

gapple88 Member

Thats a good one!.....

Wait till u get a financial controller......:p

17. jaymeister

jaymeister Supporting Member

sell/pawn something until payday.

18. Don L

Don L Member