Poll: Fuzz first in chain / before the wah

Fuzz position preference in the chain?

• before wah

• after wah

Results are only viewable after voting.

teleus52

Finally, after experimentation I definitively prefer my fuzz first in chain before my Wah. More precisely it's the Wah Wah tone produce with the fuzz put in the Wah that I prefer instead of Wah Wah tone when the Wha is put in the fuzz!
What are yours preference?
Bye the way my Sweetsound Fillmore West Fuzz is fantastic. :AOK

re-animator

In a perfect world, I'd have a wah with a buffer... but until then, i'm doing that Honky fuzz-then-wah tone.

Thor

Got a wah with a fuzz friendly circut and I like it with wah at/near the front of the chain.

Cheers,

Edward

jbert58

Silver Supporting Member
My Wizard wah (RMC) has the fuzz friendly buffer and sounds great in front of the dirt pedals.

Andy J.

I prefer the honk of the fuzz first. Wah first is smoother, more subtle, and I like it raw and in your face... Haven't tried the FoxRox buffer, though.

Strat58

Hi I have teh Area 51 with buffer before the 2stage Fuzz from Hartman, great combination.
Peace Strat58

The Whiz

Since I really like Fuzzface clones I've always had no choice but putting the fuzz before the wah until recently. I discovered that my Addrock Geranium, when the input level is set somewhat low, is very wah friendly. So now I'm truebypassed crybaby-->addrock geranium and loving it.

^
Sounded like an infommercial, I know. But it's true.
;)

Laroosco!

I like both ways depending on my mood. I have one of those Foxrox thingies in my wah and dig how it sounds before my fuzz.

Hey Taco!!! When you gonna send me that Blue Angel of yours? ;)

The Whiz

I like both ways depending on my mood. I have one of those Foxrox thingies in my wah and dig how it sounds before my fuzz.

Hey Taco!!! When you gonna send me that Blue Angel of yours? ;)
Ah yes. The Blue Angel. I'm really enjoying mine right now that I've discovered (thanks to John Phillips) 12ay7 in p2. I was going to sell it but now I'm thinking of replacing one of the 2 eminence alnico 10's with a hemp eminence lil buddy to give it a bit more warmth and bottom end.;)

Laroosco!

That speakers change would bring that amp to life IMO.

That's the best amp that Mesa ever made if you ask me.

oil

I like both but my preference is wah (area 51) into fuzz (70s Muff). That is also how The Edge gets that amazing bullet in a blue sky tone.

burner

I haven't played with a fuzz in a long time but I always liked the fuzz after the wah.
I do have a new fuzz face on the way and if I encounter any problems with it,I may look into a buffer for the wah.
Still you gotta' wonder how Jimi made it work without all the technology....

T-Bro

I find that my Vox wah in front of my Hartman Ge Fuzz sounds horrible. Does anyone know if making the wah TB will fix this? I assume that the buffer causes this b/c my TS-9 in front of my fuzz also sounds like crap. I'm modding the TS-9 for true bypass b/c the the two pedals stack better w/ the OD in front.

Trending Topics