Maybe I'm Amazed. Which version?

• Wings

Votes: 77 70.0%
  • Faces

Votes: 33 30.0%

• Total voters

wire-n-wood

Silver Supporting Member
Both excellent. But I'm going with Faces on sentimental grounds. I love Ronnie Lane's part-time vocals. Faces is the band I dream of being there for. Ronnie's Wood's Faces period is as tasty as any of the 60s guitarists. And Rod Stewart's vocals of that time are simply the best. Drums, keyboards, bass, everything. This is just as good as raw live music has been.

stevel

I thought this was going to be between the two commonly heard versions, Live and Studio. Sir Paul.

Live of course.

Never heard The Faces version, didn't know there was one.

frijoleghost

Silver Supporting Member
must go w/ the creator, musical savant, paul

the faces are great, however...saw that band twice - fun was had by all

m1911

Faces, Small Faces, & Humble Pie are by far my favorite English Bands of all time.
So I naturally voted for Ronnie Lane and the boys.

However, I still love Jimmy McCulloch and his playing. He died way too young.

Solo at 3min 25sec:

SnidelyWhiplash

Silver Supporting Member
Faces, Small Faces, & Humble Pie are by far my favorite English Bands of all time.
So I naturally voted for Ronnie Lane and the boys.

However, I still love Jimmy McCulloch and his playing. He died way too young.

Solo at 3min 25sec:

Far superior to the studio version. :cool:

What are the guitar "ethics" of essentially copying McCartney's guitar solo? I realize it's hard to come up with something significantly different for this song but maybe just let the piano player doodle something if you can't (I'm talking about a respected professional like Ron Wood not unknown guitarists)? Is copying McCartney's solo essentially a homage to McCartney (i.e., "it can't get much better than what you did")? I'd have loved to hear what someone like Ron Wood could do with it (I've tried improvising over this song and can't ever get far from McCartney's version).

That being said I do like Faces as a group better than McCartney by himself or with Wings.

Jon Silberman

10Q Jerry & Dickey
Gold Supporting Member
The Faces are fine - no problem with 'em - but one guy said "Faces on sentimental grounds" and, I do believe, that's the only grounds for that choice.

Trending Topics