Poll: Old John pierce phosphor bronze or New Other Brand

guitarplayer

Silver Supporting Member
Over the years I've experimented with different acoustic guitar strings and I always come back to John Pierce phosphor bronze strings. I prefer D'Addario for my electric so I tried some for my acoustic and couldn't wait to replace them with John Pierce.

I've heard a lot of players say that John Pierce just don't last very long and are too expensive but I think I prefer older John Pierce strings over any other brand NEW strings. I wanted to take a poll for preferences:

1. John Pierce phosphor bronze (New or Old (>3mos)
  2. D'Addario New
  3. DR New
  4. Elixir New
  5. Martin New
  6. Other New?

pinner

Pearce PBs are my favorite. I do put nano's on the acoustic I don't play that often.

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
Cleartones are nice, but I prefer 80/20 so I use Elixirs.

daddyo

I've tried many different acoustic strings on my Larrivee and always come back to the JP PBs.

GTRJoe

Silver Supporting Member
When I worked MI retail JP strings were very popular among the more experienced players. Players who played mainly acoustic. I tried them a few times and didn't find them any better than the D'Addario's or the Martin phosphor bronze. I did find their usable life span was a bit shorter than the D'Addario's or Martins.
I was told by the distributor we purchased them from that the Pearse strings were made by D'Addario.
Pearse is a name on a package like Dean Markley etc. How different his strings are from same type strings made by the actual manufacturer is the question. I would love to know how many options are available to customers who are using D'Addario's and other string makers custom label services.

tubetone74

Silver Supporting Member
GTRJoe: Interesting about them being made by D'Addario. I was told by a reliable source that they were made by Thomastik Infeld.

GTRJoe

Silver Supporting Member
Things may have changed. My info is about 10 years old. Thomastik Infeld may well be the current maker.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom