Poll: Old John pierce phosphor bronze or New Other Brand

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by guitarplayer, Feb 1, 2008.

OLD John Pierce phosphor bronze or NEW Other?

1. John Pierce phosphor bronze - New or Old (>3mos)

2. D'Addario

3. DR

4. Elixir

5. Martin

6. Other New or Old?

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. guitarplayer

guitarplayer Member

Over the years I've experimented with different acoustic guitar strings and I always come back to John Pierce phosphor bronze strings. I prefer D'Addario for my electric so I tried some for my acoustic and couldn't wait to replace them with John Pierce.

I've heard a lot of players say that John Pierce just don't last very long and are too expensive but I think I prefer older John Pierce strings over any other brand NEW strings. I wanted to take a poll for preferences.

2. Pietro

Pietro 2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy

Don't like phosphor myself.

Love the Elixirs. Polyweb for my acoustic, Nanoweb for my Crowdster Plus, in fact, even my electric are all getting Elixirs now.

3. daddyo

daddyo Guest

I've tried every most brands of acoustic guitar string available and I prefer a nice fresh set of John Pierce Light Phosphor Bronze. Of course, in a month of constant playing, they'll have detiorated. But for the first month, they're the best. If you hate changing strings, get the Elixir Nanos as they will sound the same in 6 months as they do new. Just not as good as the new JPs. I pay $7 for a set in Canada, hardly big $$$.

4. jamison162

jamison162 Member

Dean Markley Alchemy's (Gold Phos not Phos Bronz) are the best strings I've ever heard. They're sqeeky though.

Do a search for them over at the Acoustic Guitar Forum!!:dude

5. Bryan T

Bryan T Guitar Owner Silver Supporting Member

I like new sets of John Pearse PB, but find that they lose their magic in a week or two. Generally, I come back to Elixir PB.

Bryan

6. westchesterdave

westchesterdave Member

I've been using Pearse Phosphor Bronze strings for about 10 years, love the tone. No complaints. They hold up fine, three to four weeks, sometimes more between changes.

7. lifeinsong

lifeinsong Member

I've been using D'Addario Custom Lights for years. Never have any problems, I change strings every couple of weeks.

8. Bo Faulkner

Bo Faulkner Member

John Pearse are the only acoustic strings I will use.. And funny you should mention the age of them because my Martin doesnt sound right until the strings are about a week old.. I have also recently switched to 80/20's (13's) I have a HD 28 ve

This is the only acoustic I have ever owned that didnt like new strings

9. Seegs

Seegs Member

I tried the JP strings and absolutely loved the tone...next day they were dead...lasted one whole day...actually one hour which is about how much time they had on em...

I use D'addarios and they are consistant...easy to get and cheap...I actually prefer the Snake Oil acoustic strings but they are just too hard to get and expensive here in Europe...

Chow,
    Seegs

10. geetarman

geetarman Member

I also use Pearse pb's on all my acoustics love them especially his New Medium set(710NM) nice even tension across all strings without the top strain of regular mediums.