• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Poll: Telecaster body wood - Alder, Ash or it doesn’t matter?

Alder, Ash or doesn’t matter

• Alder

Votes: 17 11.3%
  • Ash

Votes: 75 49.7%
  • Doesn’t matter

Votes: 58 38.4%

• Total voters

johnh

I absolutely think it does Matter. But I cant say I prefer one over the other. I think that an ash Bodied tele with a maple neck is wonderful. But an alder bodied, rosewood board tele is equally wonderful imo. But of course, it’s a completely different animal.

noisebloom

I prefer ash, but for me it comes down to weight. I've done a couple of sub-7 lb. partscasters in swamp ash that I'm really happy with. For my Tele I wanted a swamp ash body with a maple neck, so I was going for a brighter, snappier, old-school sound--and that's what it does.

GenoBluzGtr

Platinum Supporting Member
I find that I prefer Ash with a Maple fingerboard and Alder with a Rosewood or ebony board. The look of Ash is my favorite, too.

I find that with Ash, I get more "snap" and "pop" and with Alder, it mellows out a bit, but more balanced sound. VERT subtle, though and any amount of drive can kinda hide those properties. Played clean, or unplugged, though and you can hear it.

Ron Kirn

Platinum Supporting Member
I absolutely think it does Matter. But I cant say I prefer one over the other. I think that an ash Bodied tele with a maple neck is wonderful. But an alder bodied, rosewood board tele is equally wonderful imo. But of course, it’s a completely different animal.

I do believe we have a burgeoning Politician amongst us ..

Equivocate on... :rotflmao

r

Trending Topics