Poll: The best Rush song is ...

The best Rush song is ...

• Total voters

sgmarshall

not to mention 2112, Jacobs Ladder, Something for Nothing, Fountain of Lamneth, Red Sector A...
Though La Villa... has my favorite solo of all time, it's not my favorite song. Lyrically I like the Trees, but I really can't vote for any in the poll.

stevel

Funny that 3 people have already voted for Subdivisions.

I used to think that it was just an OK song until I played it in a band - I played the main Keyboard part while the lead singer played the lead lines, and I switched to guitar ( we had another guitarist too) for sections of the song where that intro synth was laying out.

My *favorite* Rush song is probably Witch Hunt, primarily for the fabulously long electronic drum fills, but just the whole general vibe of the song and of course the very important lyrical approach.

I also very much love Freewill - the alliteration as well as the content, and then just the nice mix of "everything Rush".

I see Subdivisions as the pinnacle of the mixing of meters and syncopations in a song that otherwise pretty much "grooves" along - they're done so well you don't notice them - they don't "stand out" as much as some of the "more obvious" things like meters in Strangiato.

We played side 1 of MP and Spirit, Freewill, Closer, and Subdivisions.

Of those, YYZ, Barchetta, Limelight, Sub, Freewill and Spirit were definitely the most fun to play.

We'd mess around with Working Man every once in a while (playing it on the spot) as we did with The Trees (until we got to the part the drummer didn't know) but never officially learned them. Working Man to me is just a very basic song - people older than me seem to love it, but I never got that much out of it.

I am just a lukewarm Rush fan. I like Subdivisons, Red Barchetta and Working Man, but I would put Natural Science and Vital Signs ahead of those.

Shredzilla

Agreed. i would have added more songs but I think the poll option is limited to ten choices.

s2y

I've always liked Prime Mover for some reason. Really, most of the Wal bass albums seem to grab me.

Trending Topics