• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

POLL: The WORST thing to wear at a gig? (What's the worst you've seen?)

Worst gig attire?

• Cargo shorts\sandals combo (admit it, they almost always go together.)

Votes: 131 50.2%
  • Hawaiian shirt

Votes: 58 22.2%
  • Shirtless

Votes: 75 28.7%
  • Bell bottom pants

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • Your bands merch

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Suit and tie

Votes: 15 5.7%
  • Dressing like The Fonz

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • Dressing like David Lee Roth

Votes: 53 20.3%
  • Other (Answer in reply)

Votes: 35 13.4%

• Total voters

Phil3

Pretty simple concept: Choose 3 answers, or just reply with your own answer. Question: What is the very worst thing to wear at a gig?

I know it changes depending what kind of music you play, but this is more just about the all-around worst gig attire. So bad that it transcends the confines of musical genre.

Feel free to share a story about the worst gig attire you've ever seen! (Or worse yet... that you've actually worn!:eek:)

BigGreggoTX

Silver Supporting Member
Many years ago my old boss played lead guitar in a country cover band and one night the (male) lead singer/rhythm guitarist wore cutoff jean shorts that could best be described as "Daisy Dukes". After one song, he told the crowd that if they had any requests, to just yell them out. A drunk redneck in the back of the room yelled "I have a request! Put on some f**king pants!"

God, that was funny.

Phil3

Many years ago my old boss played lead guitar in a country cover band and one night the (male) lead singer/rhythm guitarist wore cutoff jean shorts that could best be described as "Daisy Dukes". After one song, he told the crowd that if they had any requests, to just yell them out. A drunk redneck in the back of the room yelled "I have a request! Put on some f**king pants!"

God, that was funny.
AGH! Ugh, not an image I wanted in my head. I feel worse for you actually having to see that.

I voted David Lee Roth.....because I will never, ever go on stage wearing a$$less chaps....:messedup....just no.... :facepalm
Only he can pull off the... weird... things he used to, er I mean.. Still does wear.

macrossgeorge

Gold Supporting Member
I actually like the suit and tie look but it is not very comfortable. My last gig before the pandemic my band insisted on all wearing tutus but I just couldn’t bring myself to put one on. They brought a bunch of spares and some of the people in the audience put them on too and were dancing and having fun. Definitely not my style but at least people were having a good time.

Phil3

A backpack ....wtf why wear a backpack are you too cheap to put it in the coat check yet your'e buying 8 dollar beers ?
Or just set it down on the stage! Wow. I had never thought of someone wearing a backback at a gig but it's one of the most stupid things I've ever heard.

DrumBob

Platinum Supporting Member
Cargo shorts, sandals, Hawaiian shirts and bell bottoms, which are absolutely atrocious on men these days. I haven't seen a man in bell bottoms since 1977. We wore them in the 60's and early 70's, but they are definitely not appropriate for gigs, unless you play in a Woodstock era tribute band. I loathe cargo shorts and especially hate Hawaiian shirts of any kind. I work with a guy occasionally who wears Hawaiian shirts tucked in. We can't get him to leave them untucked. It looks ridiculous.

Trending Topics