1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

POLL: What would you do? If you found out couldnt get a AXE-2 for 3+ months from now

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Lucky Dog Guitars, May 19, 2011.

What would you do if you found out today the AxeII wouldnt be available for 3+ months

Poll closed Dec 31, 1969.
  1. Just hang on to your current Axe-FX standard/ultra (if you havent sold it already)

38 vote(s)
    43.2%
  2. Re-buy an AXE-FX Standard/Ultra (because you already sold yours when the countdown was over...antici

5 vote(s)
    5.7%
  3. Just wait it out & deal with whatever gear you have until the AXE-II was ready

32 vote(s)
    36.4%
  4. Buy something else to play with until the Axe-II was ready... Amp, Effects, etc.

5 vote(s)
    5.7%
  5. Buy a POD HD-PRO rack mount (if it came out 1st)

7 vote(s)
    8.0%
  6. Other... (explain)

10 vote(s)
    11.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lucky Dog Guitars

Lucky Dog Guitars Member

I'm really wondering how long its going to take to actually get a AXE-II in my hands... this has brought this question to mind. (P.S. I dumped my Ultra within 2 days of the 2 being announced, but I have heard about some people on long waiting lists for the Ultra's/Standard's already. Makes me worry about how long I'm going to be without an Axe)

If you found out today that it would be at least 3+ months before you could get the AXE-II in your hands... what would you do?

2. GuitarTone

GuitarTone Senior Member

I'd learn to play the piano. :)

3. cliffc8488

cliffc8488 Member

I don't see Hari-Kari as an option.

4. t3oi

t3oi Member

5. Lucky Dog Guitars

Lucky Dog Guitars Member

hold on... adding... ha ha

Cliff.. I want that Axe-II!! I have $2200 bucks with your name on it

6. 1wheel

1wheel Member

If I really wanted one, and assuming Cliff takes orders with some deposit, I would order it and wait it out.. I (amongst many) ordered my JTV-69 months before delivery (about 4 I think). It was known that there was a long delay and you needed to be in the queue. I'm happy I did that (i.e. happy with the JTV) and now they are still in delayed delivery status (some confirmation that I made the right call).

It sounds like a great product with a great fan base (I think there are a few on TGP that like AxFXs....not quite sure ;-) ...).. It also sounds like Cliff and the company are good folks and up-front, with good product support..

Hard to argue with that from my view..

As the OP stated he has sold his legacy gear, I'd recommend an HD500 to tide him over. Inexpensive and pretty darn good, keep or sell it when your II arrives. (I have an HD500 and VG-99... no bias intended, just happy with the HD...works for me).

7. ethomas1013

ethomas1013 Supporting Member

Good question, and something I am debating myself....

Definitely option 1 from your list for me. I really don't want to try selling my Ultra first and use a substitute in the mean time. I bought an HD-500 when they came out hoping for an all-in-one solution to use in place of the Axe (for convenience) and the tones just didn't do it for me in comparison to the Axe. I wouldn't even want to use one temporarily but I suppose I could. But the glut of users unloading their Axe in anticipation of the AxeII makes it hard to try to sell right now so I might as well hang on to it.

There's no telling what the market will be like for a used Standard or Ultra after this first rush of sellers passes. Perhaps prices will stay stable, perhaps they will drop even more. I'm lucky and got into my Ultra at a ridiculously low price and will come out fine, but others are not so lucky.

So I'm going to hold on to my Ultra until I get the Axe II in my hands. I'll deal with the used AFX market when the time comes.

8. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel Silver Supporting Member

The only time I really want an AXE II is when I'm sitting around Reading forums listening to clips ect. I have no interest in the Axe II when i'm playing my ultra. I run it with an Atomic reactor so the amp in room thing is already there for me. I cant really figure out how worth its gonna be to me. I was planning stuff one in the cart as soon as I can, But Now im on a More wait and see kind of mode cause the ultra is more then enough for me know.

9. mpr

mpr Member

Other: I'd do no different than I'd do otherwise. No AxeFx plans for me.

10. PinkPanther

PinkPanther Senior Member

Other: :sarcasmI would spend more time on the gear page and the AXE forum to specifically RE_Read posts of AXE FX fan boys cork sniffer type and that should alleviate any gas problem I may have (the slightest chance of ever becoming one these guys is more than I can live with, these guys should be identified by fractal and charged a higher price due to the sales they lose for fractal not that fractal needs or can handle more sales:argue)

11. jb70

jb70 Supporting Member

i'm keeping my ultra for the time being since i have a buttload of gigs/recordings/rehearsals and no other pedals

12. A-Bone

A-Bone Montonero, MOY, Multitudes Gold Supporting Member

:agree

13. smilefan

smilefan Member

I'm the guy who bought you a drink two months ago,
    and now wants to know if I can borrow an amp "for a while".

14. TrickinSid

TrickinSid Member

other....I don't own the standard or ultra.
    I just signed up to be notified when the II is available. :)

15. dspellman

dspellman Senior Member

Other. Put in a preorder for the Axe VII and put your feet up.

16. Gasp100

Gasp100 Silver Supporting Member

Take a break from TGP and the emporiums for a while...
    If past history is any indicator the AxeFX II should be around for quite some time to purchase.

17. thirsty one

thirsty one Member

I don't know yet. I am thinking about the same thing.

18. Banned User

Banned User Member

Simple: Sue for damages!

19. 3dognate

3dognate Supporting Member

Just use what you got and play some tasty guitar licks and entertain people. When you get the Axe FX II, Play more tasty licks and continue to entertain people.

20. Deaj

Deaj Silver Supporting Member

I'd just keep my Ultra, play guitar, and give the Axe-FX II some thought 3+ months from now.