Which V for around $600?

• Used Gibson faded

• New Epi Korina

• Used Reverend Volcano

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bossanova

Gold Supporting Member
Ok TGP, for about 600 bucks, you could get a new epi korina v, or a used Gibson faded, or a reverend volcano... which would you rather have, and why? others?

TattooedCarrot

aka GearPig
Silver Supporting Member
Faded is the same as the regular, only difference is the finish. The Epi and the Rev are both Asian imports.

Ilduce

And now for something completely different!
You already know what I'm going to say! Epiphone '58 Flying V all the way! I just can't get over how much I dig this thing and that's even with a neck that I'm not very comfortable with!

Bossanova

Gold Supporting Member
You already know what I'm going to say! Epiphone '58 Flying V all the way! I just can't get over how much I dig this thing and that's even with a neck that I'm not very comfortable with!
I may very well get one... and I like big necks

boldaslove1977

Gold Supporting Member
i've had this one sitting in a case forever... don't want to sell it... but i probably should. PM me if you're interested!
flyingv_zps7b33e791.jpg

bob-i

My favorites are the Epi Korina and Hamer Vector. I don't have an Epi but everyone that I've played feels great. My Hamer is a really nice playing and sounding guitar and light as a feather.

OiRogers

I really wanted to love the Korina Epi... I really did. The two I've recently tried felt and sounded dead.

I have a 2005 Faded V that is a great instrument. I also have a 2016 T model that is a little faster to play, I love the bound neck, but it isn't as chunky as my 05 Faded.
Of the three you mention, I'd go Faded without question.
If you can land a standard / traditional V used in your budget, I'd give that serious thought as well.

DrumBob

I'd say the Epi V, because it's visually faithful to the original, and you can always mod it to make it better. I never liked any of the faded Gibsons. They look dull and unfinished.

Ilduce

And now for something completely different!
My favorites are the Epi Korina and Hamer Vector. I don't have an Epi but everyone that I've played feels great. My Hamer is a really nice playing and sounding guitar and light as a feather.

I hear you on the Epi. I know the one that I just picked up is awesome, but maybe I just got lucky?

Zutron

I'd like to buy a Bacchus mango V......Can't seem to find em anywhere.
I emailed Bacchus/Deviser about the mango V's a few weeks ago and they told me they are out of production. I never see them pop up on the Japanese sites and I didn't see any in Japan when I was there in October. It will be a total fluke to find one at this point is seems like...

Carvin Ultra V all day long. You can often find 'em for around $500-600. It's not a "traditional" flying V, more of a reverse Rhoads...but yeah. USA custom shop at that price, likely stainless frets...unbeatable.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom