Poll: Which nations produce great guitars?

Which nations produce great guitars? You can pick as many as you like

• USA

Votes: 150 89.3%
  • Japan

Votes: 113 67.3%
  • Canada

Votes: 72 42.9%
  • South Korea

Votes: 58 34.5%
  • Mexico

Votes: 54 32.1%
  • Indonesia

Votes: 32 19.0%
  • China

Votes: 53 31.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fewlio

All of them and no reason any of them cant if they want to. Its not rocket surgery.
Grow up. This isn't the opening ceremonies of the Olympic games..no extra points for showing everyone how progressive, tolerant and open minded you are..

hubberjub

I have a beautiful classical (Amalio Burguet) that was built in Spain. Why can't I vote for that?

fewlio

Nations in the poll must produce a large number of guitars for the world market. These are the heavy hitters..not boutique cottage industry stuff..sorry but I gotta draw the line somewhere..

scott520

Silver Supporting Member
I used to say US, but I have other guitars with better craftsmanship than my US guitars. Sad!
The playing field has certainly been leveled a bit. I'm find myself more and more impressed with mid-level priced imports when I go to different music shops. I especially love PRS' SE line... Fender Mexico and especially Japan have always impressed me... for the most part. It would be hard to leave out companies like Tokai in this conversation as well.

kracdown

Custom User Title
Platinum Supporting Member
I've played some sickeningly good guitars out of most of those places...

J-E-M

Of course, USA will be in the lead on this poll, since most here are proud yanks - and national pride, I think, will make it biased.

InkStained

Grow up. This isn't the opening ceremonies of the Olympic games..no extra points for showing everyone how progressive, tolerant and open minded you are..

Oh, that's cute. You must be new here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

speedemon

There was no need for a poll. As a general rule, only guitars in the US and Japan (Canada?)are not deliberately produced to meet a low price.

Trending Topics