POLL: White, Creme or Parchment pickguard for an an old black strat?

Which color replacement pickguard?

• White

• Creme

• "Parchment"

Results are only viewable after voting.
Or just plain white? I was planning on using the Chandler Guitars pickguard website.

I want to buy a new pickguard for a guitar (keeping the old one) and add a (true bypass) effect to the guitar pickguard, as the guitar only has 1 volume and 1 tone and the effect only requires spots for one concentric stack of potentiometers and an on/off switch, which I could have CG add to a replacement pickguard for my guitar, or possibly just use an S-500 pickguard that already has those extra holes if it will fit.

It's for this guitar:

I think the pickups have worn to look a little mint, but I don't think i want a whole mint pickguard... Creme, white or "parchment" ("off-white?")...
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/194845

Nolatone Ampworks

Platinum Supporting Member
For that older one, I'd say cream because white doesn't look "old" so much.

I have a later model clapton strat that I'm going to experiment with a pickup replacement. Thought I'd swap out the whole pickguard to save the original setup in place.

I bought an assembly already wired up used, and it has mint. It just doesnt' look right against the black. Whith that guitar it needs white since it doesn't LOOK old yet.

Paul

Garrett Bagby

Parchment is where it's at! You don't even notice that it isn't white until you compare it to another guitar with a white guard.

I think it has a nice vintagy vibe without being so obvious like mint or cream.

I didn't know Steve Miller played an upside down guitar! He's awesome (I love greatest hits vol. 1 era SM more than the more successful vol. 2 era)...

Kelsey

There are lots of cool options that could work, but when in doubt I always go for parchment (or aged white as some call it).

Cygnus

Hi!

Sorry to bump a very very old thread but can someone post pics of Strat with parchment pickguard?

I'd like to add one on my Classic Player 50 but I'm hesitating with a mint green pg...

Thanks

Cygnus

Indeed! But I don't really find where I could buy a good looking mint green pickguard, not too green you know... (and which could be shipped to France).

Cygnus

I'd like to see a pic comparing a white pg and a parchment pg, I don't see much difference...

Trending Topics