• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Polychorus Owners

Dandy13

Do you guys get some clock noise (like a high pitched sound in the backround) with your delay time maxed and feedback up past noon? I don't remember noticing it before. hopefully the chip isn't going bad. I'm thinking it might be normal since it really wasn't designed to do delay, but it's damn annoying now that i know it's there.

Micki001

You may find that sound is exaggerated a great deal by putting a booster pedal or modulation pedal in front of the PolyChorus. When I have heard that sound in the past (it sounds like a squealy clock noise at the top of the oscillation cycle), I've messed around with pedal chain sequence and have thus successfully eradicated it.

Love your PolyChorus - it loves you! :)

sfx

Yeah, its there on mine. It's pretty faint though.

This is the Stereo Polychorus right?

Micki001

Note: I've heard this sound on both my vintage PolyFlange (ooooooooh yummy) and my reissue Stereo PolyChorus (a little less yummy but s-t-e-r-e-o).

sfx

Note: I've heard this sound on both my vintage PolyFlange (ooooooooh yummy) and my reissue Stereo PolyChorus (a little less yummy but s-t-e-r-e-o).
Oh, I am well versed in the yummyness levels of each. (And I agree) ;)

Micki001

Mmmmmmmmmm PolyYummies.

Dozens of chorus/flange pedals later, I still haven't found ANYTHING that has the presence and warm, lovely 'feel' of my vintage PolyFlange.

Keep the faith :)

Dandy13

Thanks guys. I was hitting it pretty hard with the klon -not literally of course-
And yes, stereo polychorus is chock full of goodness. I just cleared a bunch of space on my board the other day so I could stick it back on there where it belongs

re-animator

The best description of polychorus tone i've ever come up with is that its a pedal that sounds like the feeling you get right before you start to cry.

bhelvick1

Ive been really thinking about pulling the trigger on the stereo poly chorus, but I cant shake the goodness of the Retro Sonic Chorus. Anyone have any experience with the two? Whats similar? Different? Better or worse?

(sorry for highjacking. Seemed like you guys were lovin on this pedal, so maybe you can love on it some more by sharing with me...)

:)

Micki001

I have them both and use them for different stuff. PolyChorus is thick and warm and the Retro-Sonic is that Roland/Boss chorus to a t (plus that excellent vibrato). I wouldn't see them as either-or, but more 'now-and-later' :)

Trending Topics