polychorus schematic?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by kludge, Feb 23, 2009.

1. kludge

kludge The droid you're looking for Silver Supporting Member

Does anyone have a schematic for a reissue EHX Polychorus? I accidentally let the magic smoke out of mine and need to replace a couple of parts. I can find vintage schematics, just not modern ones, and I need modern.

2. nibus

nibus Supporting Member

Try asking at the forbidden forum.

3. sfx

sfx Member

I don't think the schematic for the reissue is available... at least I've never seen it.

Is there is something in particular you're looking for on the board itself? I own both a reissue and original version and don't mind checking it out..

4. kludge

kludge The droid you're looking for Silver Supporting Member

Ooh, thanks! There's a big cap near where the power comes in that I think is part of the power circuit. Right next to it is a resistor and what looks to be a diode, in series. Both the resistor and the diode are smoked. (when I bought it, it came with the EHX 40v power supply, not the 24v. It was subject to some real abuse! I figured this out when debugging...)

If you could double-check to make sure it's a regular diode and not a zener, and get the value of that resistor, I'd really appreciate it. I can probably get photos if you need more details.

5. sfx

sfx Member

PM me a pic if you can.