Polytune Mini 2 - is it better than Mini 1

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by mc_deli, Jan 30, 2015.

1. mc_deli

mc_deli Member

I was very disappointed with the Polytune Mini (1) - I just don't trust it at all. It does not seem precise enough to get me in tune.

I much prefer the TU2 or TU3. And I have found the D'Addario/PWaves mini clip on to also be more precise and usable than the Mini (1).

So is the Mini2 better, how much better, is it likely to change my perception?

Thanks in advance

2. jota

jota Member

I had the mini 1 and now own the mini 2.
    I changed because I missed the strob mode from the big Polytune.
    You need to get used to the new strob mode and the super bright light! After you get used to it, it kind of does what is supposed too. Accurate enough for me.
    I should have just kept my old big one but I couldn't fit it on the pedalboard at the time so I got the Mini 2. But now it would fit.

3. Enusire

Enusire Member

Also another nice feature is, that with version 2 I can tune my acoustic guitar. I tried this with version 1 and this wasn´t possible. I really like the PT Mini. I use it also in strobe-mode and its super accurate! The LEDs are also very bright. And the best is its size!

As you can hear, I´m sold to the PT Mini 2 :)

4. jota

jota Member

Yes, it works better with my acoustic than the previous 1's I had (mini and regular size).

5. Tbig

Tbig Member

I have one coming today. Glad to hear the strobe mode it accurate.

6. teleking36

teleking36 Supporting Member

I got one for my studio board. It's the first time I've owned a Polytune. I think it's plenty accurate, and I love the bright display and compact size. I'll probably get another one down the road to keep in my acoustic case. I use a Snark for my acoustic, but the Polytune would be nice to have onstage doubling as a mute

7. Lespaulsignature 74

Lespaulsignature 74 Silver Supporting Member

I'm finding that it sometimes has a hard time picking up my open A and low E strings, I have to hit the harmonic at the twelfth fret for it to register ...very frustrating!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  8. MattAnt

MattAnt Supporting Member

Yea I get this sometimes, very annoying. Good tip about the harmonic though

9. Rango

Rango Supporting Member