Poor Walter Trout

Seafoam Green

Looking at his Facebook page, things seem to be looking up for him, the medicine has now been approved by the insurance. Crap situation indeed, but at least it looks like things are improving for him.

Get well Walter.

Average Joe

Didn't know he was ill. Best of health to him

It is disgraceful that a man's health can be dependent on his income.

woof*

He's doing well so far, they got the medicine.
On a sad note, Robin Trowers wife passed on yesterday.

fjblair

Gold Supporting Member
Everyone knows the health care/insurance system is broken and unfair but any solution seems unattainable.

MLG Audio

Damn that sucks for Walter. I was fortunate enough to run sound for him over the past summer at a Blues Festival. He's a really awesome dude.

OldShepster

My family is in the same situation...my son needs a wonder drug, we were able to get coverage and my son is doing great. But you always worry, what will happen if they ever decide not to pay for it? We moved from a 4500 sq ft house to a 1500 sq ft house to keep some powder dry, just in case we have to pay for the drug somewhere down the road.

It's hard to get support for health care reform because at any given point in time, only a small portion of the population are in a challenging situation (pre-existing condition, no insurance coverage, expensive meds, etc.) - but it's a life changer if you ever get caught in that situation.

I wish Walter, and anyone else with health issues, the best. There are no easy answers for health care. I can equally understand why someone would say, "Why do I have to pay for Walter's poor life choices", but it seems unfortunate that in a county as wealthy as the USA, health care is a privilege (admittedly widely enjoyed), not a right.

Shep

HiddenCharms

I too can understand where people take the stance that we, as a society, should not have to pay for someones poor life choices. But, it amazes me that people vote as though they, or their loved ones, are immune to unforseen health tragedies. Most of our society is just one accident or serious illness away from financial ruin. Yet we vote as if we were all in the wealthy 1%. I would rather see someone who has made questionable life choices receive the care they need in order to insure that all people receive the care that they deserve as a part of a humane society. From all accounts, Walter seems like a nice guy. I wish him well.

dez

Best to Walter and hope things work out. I opened for him about 10years ago and he was very cool to our band. Great guy, great player.

hogy

While I feel bad for Walter's situation, blame the politicians the country elected. That is where this problem originated. :horse
Actually, per Walter Trout himself, this problem originated from "years of debauchery, lechery and partying".

tdarian

Platinum Supporting Member
Walter is a good guy with a good family. I'm so glad that the meds have been approved and I hope he recovers fully.

Nothing in life comes for free.

mrbungel

Walter is a good guy with a good family. I'm so glad that the meds have been approved and I hope he recovers fully.

Nothing in life comes for free.
Yes, he is a good guy.
I have an old friend who has known Walter for 30 years.
My bud introduced me to Walter, about 20 yrs ago.
He was so nice and down to earth.
KILLER guitar player!

I wish him all the best.

Phletch

People are responsible for some really inhumane and evil stuff in our world.
Fixed. I wish Walter a full and speedy recovery. What happened isn't evil or inhumane.

"Money" is an unbiased, impartial representation of assigned value that we use to purchase goods and services. What people may do or not do for it is a different subject.

Trending Topics