Poppy - I Disagree

twoheadedboy

One of the coolest (and most un-TGP) guitar-oriented albums I've heard in a while. I hear lots of possible influences, ranging from Mazzy Star, The Beach Boys, and Flaming Lips to Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson, and Slipknot.

Last edited:
I saw her kickoff the NXT show in Portland a week or two ago, I guess she did 3 songs, they all kind of blended into each other I thought it was one. Not really my thing but I looked up her Wikipedia to learn more and I do think her whole persona is quite interesting and I'm open to giving her more of a chance.

twoheadedboy

I saw her kickoff the NXT show in Portland a week or two ago, I guess she did 3 songs, they all kind of blended into each other I thought it was one. Not really my thing but I looked up her Wikipedia to learn more and I do think her whole persona is quite interesting and I'm open to giving her more of a chance.
I think the new songs are probably extremely difficult to pull off live, but I love the studio versions.

Turbo Gerbil

Cool stuff. I'm hearing some Genitorturers in Fill the Crown (devil in the bottle) but that's basically the standard 90s industrial chug.

Last edited:

Sheherezadeh

I have mixed feelings about the album as a whole, but the ending track is killer and definitely more TGP-friendly, almost a Queen-esque progressive rock opus with some intriguing chords and harmonic choices.

LPMojoGL

Music Room Superstar
I'm digging Poppy. Her videos are great. Her live performances sound like lots of lip sync to me. I find her evolution interesting, and look forward to seeing a bit more of the real her in the future.

Trending Topics