• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Popularity of Jetter Pedals

zwieback-dude

I am very happy with my Jetdrive so far. It is not as flexible as my Barber Small Fry but it sounds good in every setting. And it doesn't change the amp's tone.

petty1818

I am very excited to pick up the indigo fuzz... it sounds like the type of pedal tone that I have been after for quite some time. I would also like to try his gold shift pedal. I am glad that this thread is getting a lot of positive comments because as mentioned, I really believe that Brad makes the best overdrive pedals. I have a hard time distinguishing between my amp overdrive and the overdrive that I am getting from my Jet Drive.

dlc1953

I ordered a Gold Standard from PGS today.Was actually waiting for a Hot wired v2 to come in but got tried of waitin for em to arrival. And the GS was like close call on what next to buy anyway. I have had the Helium [which I liked from the original] . I have the Indigo and am really pleased by how transparent it is at low gain. Lot's of sustain when you open it up and just a real musicall Fuzz{EJ like]. Alot of good gear out there but Brad's just sound great with SC and Humbucker's and very easy to find multiple sweet spot's.

ericjohnson

I own a GS3 and like it quite a bit. The two channels allow for great tone stacking and the master bypass is like having three channels in one.

FLYING V 83

Gibson Geezer
At one point I ran 5 Jetters

THEJETTERGANG.jpg

Gold was my favorite
Red a close second
Black was cool 'cause of the dual switch (JTM/JCM)
Green was a nice TS but too compressed for me
Blue I used as a smooth fuzz and it's very good for that

I eventually traded/sold them all, but it was fun while it lasted! :bow

dlc1953

THEJETTERGANG.jpg

Gold was my favorite
Red a close second

Ya that does look's like fun! That Black must have been fun. So it was a cross between a JTM 45 and JCM 800?

Last edited:

Lucidology

Silver Supporting Member
Some of the best pedals in the biz ... no doubt!!
Have a bunch of youtubes using the Red and the Gold ...

Radspin

Different strokes for different folks...I had a Fulldrive II MOSFET and once I got the GS3 I sold the Fulldrive. Part of it was that I felt the Boost switch was useless and the "two stackable overdrives in one" aspect of the GS3 is much more usable for me. Mild overdrive, intense overdrive and really intense overdrive in one pedal is perfect for me when I play out live.

I also like the BB Preamp, Bad Monkey and an AnalogMan modified TS9 reissue (sounded mediocre stock, great after AnalogMan got his hands on it).

Amstarvid

I have a Jetdrive V2 on my board along with a SubDecay Liquid Sunshine. While I like the sound of the Liquid Sunshine, I can honestly say it never gets used. The Jetdrive is that amazing - it sounds great in every setting...I'll try and find a sound for the Liquid Sunshine, but so far haven't been able to find something different from one of the 3 Jetdrive settings (green, blue, stacked) or something that was better...the Jetdrive is just that good.

Tommy Biggs

Silver Supporting Member
I lucked into a GS Red a few months ago - trading a pedal I didn't want anymore.
dumb luck! great pedal. I'd love to try that Black - not easy to find though, eh??

THEJETTERGANG.jpg

Gold was my favorite
Red a close second

I'm pretty sure all I'd add to that would be the Helium, and I'd be done. Maybe a Jetdrive and depending on the Blue, maybe the Indigo, although I have yet to play it...

Brad makes amazing stuff and is an even better guy. I haven't tried his new Indigo fuzz but i do have his Gain Stage Blue (his first fuzz) it was a good pedal it wasn't the best but very good for what it is, I also Have the Gain Stage Red (not shift) and Purple. The red quickly became my favorite out of all of the pedals he has ever made (I've played them all) i could find multiple usable settings on that pedal compared to some pedals where you have one setting that is usable. I personally think the GSR is tons better than the Zen Drive but you do get killed on re-sale i have tried selling my blue and purple and haven't got anywhere close to what i find a reasonable value so i have kept them.

FLYING V 83

Gibson Geezer
Ya that does look's like fun! That Black must have been fun. So it was a cross between a JTM 45 and JCM 800?

Actually it's both sounds with the mini-toggle to switch between them.
Most versatile "Marshall-in-a-box" pedal I've played yet.

kickstrat

I had the red one, GS3 and the gold. Sold the first two and kept the gold. The gold sounds great with single coils or humbuckers. :bow

62Tele

Silver Supporting Member
Yep, the Gold has become my fav too, particularly in a mix. I found the Red 2 to b a great sounding pedal, but got a little lost in a couple of settings.

motis1953

I've had a Red Square for about a year now, and the versatility of having two circuits hardwired together in one pedal with the added ability to stack and get a third voice has ended my dirt pedal search. The best feature of Brad's pedals are that they don't sound at all like you're using a pedal, and they're extremely quiet. There's no huge wash of hiss even at very high gain settings. I've had Boss, Barber, Fulltone, Clark, and Hermida dirt, and (while perfectly adequate) don't think any of these were in the same league as Jetter. As soon as I can afford it, I will get an Indigo to see if it can end my search for the perfect fuzz. Can't say enough positive things about this pedal. It's consistency and user-friendliness have made my life much easier.

petty1818

I actually just noticed that Premier Guitar posted a review of the Red Square and once again Brad was given extremely high marks. I started this thread wondering why people haven't caught on but I kind of like it now... it's cool to have such awesome pedals on my board that are not all over the place when pedalboard threads appear.

I actually just noticed that Premier Guitar posted a review of the Red Square and once again Brad was given extremely high marks. I started this thread wondering why people haven't caught on but I kind of like it now... it's cool to have such awesome pedals on my board that are not all over the place when pedalboard threads appear.

Careful, you wouldn't want a Jetter to become the flavor of the month around here. The last thing I want is a year long waiting list for Jetter pedals... ;)

I've had a Red Square for about a year now, and the versatility of having two circuits hardwired together in one pedal with the added ability to stack and get a third voice has ended my dirt pedal search. The best feature of Brad's pedals are that they don't sound at all like you're using a pedal, and they're extremely quiet. There's no huge wash of hiss even at very high gain settings. I've had Boss, Barber, Fulltone, Clark, and Hermida dirt, and (while perfectly adequate) don't think any of these were in the same league as Jetter. As soon as I can afford it, I will get an Indigo to see if it can end my search for the perfect fuzz. Can't say enough positive things about this pedal. It's consistency and user-friendliness have made my life much easier.

This X This = THIS

Squigglefunk

I am a big fan of Jetter pedals and have two on my board (Jet Drive & Red Square) and I am also extremely interested in the new indigo fuzz which sounds amazing. Anyway, these pedals tend to get high praise when they are reviewed and whenever there is a thread on them, people seem to all really like what Brad offers. However, I hardly ever see them on pedalboards. Whenever I see threads about showing off your gear or boards I always make an effort to look for Jetter pedals and never seem to see them. I am not one of those guys that cares about popularity, this is just kind of a fun thread to see what people think about this.

"popular" is quite subjective eh?

I have pretty much never seen a skreddy, catalinbread, skin pimp, jetter, etc on a board out gigging - not saying they aren't out there but it's such a tiny speck of the working music world I couldn't ever think of any of these guys as "popular" Just goes to show how many small builders can make a living on a small section of the music industry.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom