• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

pork loin vs ts-10 , zendrive, bd-2 keeley

guitarwill

does the pork loin offer anything new or better than these overdrive pedals i currently have. it sure is a cool looking pedal haha. i play out of a two rock with a strat

ruger9

Silver Supporting Member
I've never used as ts-10, but the Pork Loin is more than capable of producing Zendrive tones as well as BD-2 tones. The magic is all in the clean blend knob.

mobis8

I don't think there is enough gain to make a great comparison between the pl and the other pedals. I tried it out yesterday at my local shop and was very surprised how low gain of a pedal it was. I could see it used more like a clean boost more so than an OD. I was actually thinking more Klon vs. Pork Loin threads would start poping up eventually...

BUT I must confess I only spent about 10 minutes with it, and there are internal trimpots that I didn't get to play with. It is EXTREMELY versatile and like the above post indicated, the blend knob is what makes it so cool IMO.

ruger9

Silver Supporting Member
yep- more gain available with internal trimpots. But it's still an OVERDRIVE pedal, not a distortion pedal.

mobis8

I am not a fan of internal trimpots. I mean I can appreciate the set it and forget it portion... but the amount of time it would take to fiddle with them to find what you like is just not attractive to me.

ruger9

Silver Supporting Member
to me, it's a Zendrive with a clean blend. And the clean blend isn't CLEAN, it's a little hairy & blends in beautifully. Much better than say, the same trick on a Sparkle Drive.

The Curve control on the PL does the same thing the Voice knob on the ZD does. Hence, "a Zendrive with a clean blend".

guitarwill

what is the difference in a clean blend and just not having the gain set so high? also i had a sparkle drive that i didn't like and sold it, is it better than that

ruger9

Silver Supporting Member
You'd have to actually play the pedal to see for yourself. Turning the gain down is not the same thing as a clean blend. I like the PL's clean blend much better than the SD's. It blends much better. You also have some control over how "dirty" the clean blend itself is (internal trim).

Trending Topics