• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Port City Fan thread!

OliverGuitars

I have a Dual 50 head and 212 Wave cab. I love it. I have tried many many boutique amps, and this by far has been my fave amp tone wise. This amp has been so good to me, I have postponed buying a Two Rock! I just cant imagine liking anything else better.

Who out there uses PC! You dont see them as often as other amp companies over in the emporium, but I figured that was because once you buy one, you keep it!

And I would also like to thank Daniel from Port City for the best customer service I have ever had. I definately didnt get the same treatment from the other amp builders I buy amps from. He definately treats you like a friend verses a customer. I sleep well at night knowing my amp will probably never need much service, but if it does, it will be fixed promptly and professionally.

I also think the Port City Amp design looks better than any other amp builders deisgn, cosmetically speaking. They are really in a class of their own. Many people have their cabs, espcially the D-style amps. But who else here uses a Port City head? I hope Daniel comes out with another model head soon. I am still itchin for a Twelve head.

He also does mod work for the best prices I have ever heard...Almost seems unfairly low compared to tha same mods from other builders!

Last edited:

portcitymusic

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks Joe. I actually have three new amps that will be coming very soon. I am finishing the faceplates this week for one. It should hit stores early May. Take care.

Daniel
Port City Amps

Jason Myers

What a LUGNUT!!! Sorry, inside joke.:BEER

Known Dan for years and he has become one hell of a builder. Helluva good dude too.

Hoping to be gettin' a 2x12 from you as soon as I can move some of my other crap. Hope all is well down there. Peace.

OliverGuitars

He is a great builder for sure. When I finally opened up my Dual 50, I was very impressed by the layout and construction. Top notch amp IMHO!

OliverGuitars

I have never found a better sounding cab anywhere. The Synewave was my second fave, but it didnt look as classy as Port City does. Port City is the best looking and sounding amp, bar none!

Two Rock's are nice, and I will evenyually spring for one. But I still prefer PC over all other amps.

My personal Faves
1)Port City
2)Two Rock
3)Fargen

For my playing style Port City is the best fit.

frisco

Gold Supporting Member
2x12 wave user here. W/Scumnicos it is the bomb. Just got a green Komet 19, might have to get another wave in green. Just can't afford the scumnicos right now, till I pay off the amp. In time...

OliverGuitars

I saw that, actually Daniel emailed me saying PC on Leno, so I watched. It was very cool. Definately not what I expected, but still cool. Were you the one playing the Suhr, or was that the other guitar player?

Either way, it was badass, especially your tone. Glad you came by this tread. I have a 212 PC cab, but I want a 412!

I wonder what amps are coming out. What circuit are they similar to, or are they completely original? I was pondering a Twelve head, but I think a higher wattage amp would be better for me anyway.

What are the new models called Daniel? And if convient can you post some pics later so my GAS can kick in!

OliverGuitars

I am about to buy another 212 Wave cab tommorow from another gper'. Thank god he is local and I can avoid shipping costs and any possible damage.

It is loaded now with Jensen Neomidium's, or at least I think thats how you spell it. But they are 100 watts a piece. I wonder how it will match up with my other 212 cab loaded with V30's.

But I guess the idea is to run both cabs so I can have a half stack. But I wonder if the bass will be a problem.....I already can vibrate the head off the cab when cranked with no problem. I have been putting the head to the side so it doesnt sit on top of the PC cab, becuase the bass response is rediculous. But it is worth it. Even with just a mild overdrive kickin, it has such depth and great bass responce. Its like a blackface on roids, even without the pedals. But I get more compliments when I play gigs, then with any other tube amp I have ever owned. And I have owned way too many!:NUTS

So I am thinking the cabs will set up for stereo to avoid any unwanted vibrations. Cause DANIELS CABS BE KICKIN!:dude

I love Port City, and I would love some pics or descriptions of the new amps coming out.:drool

OliverGuitars

I saw Chris C on Jimmy Kimmel last night, and it was a better performance than Leno, but both were good. His cab setup is sweet. So is his tone and playing.

I will be at your Atlanta show next week, so see ya there!

OliverGuitars

Wow, just saw them on Carson Dailey(total tool) again last night. Port City is really getting some great exposure this month from Peter Thorn! I loved his Galien Kruger head he used last night too. I think his best tone however was on Jimmy Kimmel.

I like his Suhr alot too, it is one sweet tele. I think I like "long Gone" best out of all the new songs. But Port City makes some sweet cabs for sure. Well worth the money!

Last edited:

OliverGuitars

Lets post some pics of our beloved Port City amps. I wanna see some really cool different tolex options!

I cant wait until you come down to Atlanta Daniel, I am looking forward to meeting one of the best amp builders of all time!

Everyone post your pics of your rig, even if you only have a Wave cab!

papersoul

Silver Supporting Member
Guys, I have an Egnater Mod 50 head and am in search of a new cab. I like the Celestion T75/CL80 combo and was considering a PS Wave OS 212. My other options were a Mojo cab oversized Marshall style 212 or an Egnater Tour Master 212. I was even thinking of getting the Egntaer and then saving for the Port City to have both!

What are the dimensions on the OS and weight? How about the sound for tight hard rock? We play Tool, Metallica, AIC type music but I need good cleans and heavy. The port looks odd because it is rectangualr and sound is round so that had me concerned. Even after hitting the back, sound remains round (it's physics) so that worries me!

Thoughts?

Thanks!

fetishfrog

Guys, I have an Egnater Mod 50 head and am in search of a new cab. I like the Celestion T75/CL80 combo and was considering a PS Wave OS 212. My other options were a Mojo cab oversized Marshall style 212 or an Egnater Tour Master 212. I was even thinking of getting the Egntaer and then saving for the Port City to have both!

What are the dimensions on the OS and weight? How about the sound for tight hard rock? We play Tool, Metallica, AIC type music but I need good cleans and heavy. The port looks odd because it is rectangualr and sound is round so that had me concerned. Even after hitting the back, sound remains round (it's physics) so that worries me!

Thoughts?

Thanks!
I think the dimensions and weight are on the website.

I have a PC OS2x12 and it kills for heavy music...just be sure to pick speakers that lean toward a tighter bass presentation, as the cab throws a ton of low end. I use EV's.

Trending Topics