• Please use the following thread to discuss any bugs, issues, or feature requests related to the forum software upgrade.

Click here for Thread

Port City users - how do you mike the cab live?

Sunburst71

Silver Supporting Member
Hi,

I'm thinking about getting a Port City OS 1x12. One thing I'm not sure about is how you mike the cab live - do you just mike the speaker but not the port? How does that sound FOH?

Thanks

Last edited:

fetishfrog

For FOH I'd just mic the speaker. For the studio, I might consider micing the port, but there are phasing issues that may need to be worked out, something probably not conducive to the quick set required by many clubs. If I had a time for a real sound check, I might consider it, but in all honesty, I'd probably take the lazy route.

Sunburst71

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for your comments, guys. I listened to the podcast (which was great, BTW,) and Daniel was talking more about a studio environment, where you can mic the speaker, port and the room.

I'm wondering if micing the speaker only (live) would result in a less-than-optimal sound through the FOH?

fetishfrog

I'm wondering if micing the speaker only (live) would result in a less-than-optimal sound through the FOH?

The PC won't suffer anymore than any other cab design in this situation, and you still get the cool spread of sound these cabs have on stage.

Trending Topics