Positive Grid "Bias Amp 2" announced

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by JackInR, Jan 16, 2018.

1. JackInR

JackInR Member

2. Tmidiman

Tmidiman Member

Looks interesting to me for sure. Not that I expect them to give it away, but it’s going to be insanely expensive.

mbenigni and stormtrooper like this.
  3. mikah912

mikah912 Member

Sounds like the same engine, but with a lot of focus on extensive stock cab options and refined "amp matching". Can't say I'm super interested, but clips can always change my mind.

4. Elric

Elric Supporting Member

No, the upgrade is huge across the board in terms of the core engine. They also have a deal with Celestion to include their IRs, as well, the entire product was touched.

5. mikah912

mikah912 Member

You beta testing? I can't find any mention of that.

6. Sascha Franck

Sascha Franck Member

Description reads as if they will again not include any FX. Yeah well... good luck with that.

mickelodeon likes this.
  7. Unnecessary

Unnecessary Member

It's all about that DLC!

mikah912 likes this.
  8. mikah912

mikah912 Member

Apparently, reverbs are included, so there's that. But yeah....still going modular with their approach. Not a fan o' that.

mbenigni and JiveTurkey like this.
  9. Sascha Franck

Sascha Franck Member

Given how often I've seen V1 in the wild (never, that is), not many people are fans of that. And my uneducated guess would be that even less people are fans of what they're asking for it, inspite of the no-FX limitation.

JerEvil and JiveTurkey like this.
  10. brattcave

brattcave Member

The Celestion tie-in might be interesting. The IRs appear to be 'baked in' somehow so that you can just drag the mic positions around and it will automatically select the corresponding IR(s). 100 USD extra for that... although that would easily be the price if you purchased those IRs direct from Celestion.

A couple of Qs spring to mind:
    1. I wonder if you can get access to the individual IRs from a folder, so you could use them elsewhere?
    2. Will the iOS version also see an upgrade and will it retain its compatibility with the desktop version...?

mbenigni likes this.
  11. pelaomedinaese

pelaomedinaese Member

is official the celestion partnership

12. pelaomedinaese

pelaomedinaese Member

and pre-order for "elite" version cost $300 bucks while standar and professional cost $100 and $200 respectively, is good to mentin that elite version contains the celestion impulses

13. MIJLOVER

MIJLOVER Member

Is it actual tubes? Or is the whole thing software?

PRSAtomic likes this.
  14. mikah912

mikah912 Member

No, I meant about the "huge upgrade" to the core engine he mentioned. I see a lot of talk of new user interfaces and "more" options for tubes, mics and transistors and such. Not a lot about the engine itself.

But clips are yet to come. We'll see. Weird how the IG says "Out Now", but the page says "Pre-order".....

pelaomedinaese likes this.
  15. pelaomedinaese

pelaomedinaese Member

in the comparison table bias write "new dsp system", a lot of new amps and the interface is new. also if you buy bias 1 you can upgrade for free, this image is from the page. [​IMG]

16. Dave Merrill

Dave Merrill Supporting Member

Does it include the entire Celestion library, everything they make? If so, everything as of when?

17. josetxu

josetxu Member

But if you’ve already have version 1 you have to pay for update it :mad::mad::mad: I bought BIAS standard about two years ago, then paid for BIAS FX, then for the pro version (a month ago) and now I have to pay another 99$ for the update? No way

Elantric, Philo, PBGas and 3 others like this.
  18. Willowdale

Willowdale Member

"For BIAS AMP 2 we worked with artists, engineers and recording studios to improve the already hyper-authentic touch response of our amplifier circuits. The result is a new playing experience, with increased touch responsiveness and dynamics"

"With new tubes, transformer, dynamic tone control and a completely redesigned speaker cabinet module with multi-mic capability, you now have the tools to take your tone explorations further than ever before!"

"AMP Match can already match the tone of any mic’d reference amp, but we’ve made it even better in BIAS AMP 2: now matching a tone is as easy as importing an audio file!"

Sounds good, we'll see......

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    LordByron likes this.
  19. Blix

Blix Supporting Member

It's $49 to upgrade to 2 if you have 1 already, $149 and $249 for the "pro" and "elite" packs. Meh, I'm not upgrading.

PBGas, Theorist and Anacharsis like this.
  20. Anthony Newcomb

Anthony Newcomb Silver Supporting Member

Well hopefully the current version of Bias Fx will be compatible with the amps in Bias 2. I'm sure they will allow it because it would be a serious mistake and downright silly if they don't. Bias Amp is not meant to have effects, it has always just been an amp design app...same as Bias Pedal. It's Bias FX that is the hub (shell) where everything is combined into "rigs". Their plugins make a lot more sense when you have the whole PG ecosystem.

Theorist likes this.