• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Positive Grid Spark Oh Yeah.

MaxTwang

That's interesting. Looks like a nice alternative to the other desktop amps.

The Spark has 'speakers' but I couldn't find 'stereo' on the page. Is this an omission or is it mono?

Cactusprick

Understand they are on PREORDER but I think the information provided are way too sparse to draw much attention. Or are they deliberately teasing it.
I mean what are the specs? Are they up to what other manufacturers are offering.

LolainNB

How do you create something say on Bias fx and save it in this thing. Looks really nice and it’s affordable

jdag

I'm definitely interested. As mentioned above, there's no indiction that it is stereo, but considering the likely competitors being the Yamaha THR series, the Boss Katana Air, and VOX Adio are stereo, I would expect it is.

Cruz777

How do you create something say on Bias fx and save it in this thing. Looks really nice and it’s affordable
From the official facebook page "Spark is its own ecosystem so unfortunately won't be able to integrate with Bias FX 2. Being mainly a practice amp, it doesn't provide foot-switching functionality." They also stated on the Facebook page that it's a more streamlined version of Bias FX/Amp - without actually saying what effects/amps it uses. To me this seems like a massive sidewards step. Why not release Bios FX 2 for mobile devices, and then have this amp sync with Bias FX 2 and Bias Amp 2?

TonePilot

Silver Supporting Member
Understand they are on PREORDER but I think the information provided are way too sparse to draw much attention. Or are they deliberately teasing it.
I mean what are the specs? Are they up to what other manufacturers are offering.
If you keep scrolling way down the page, there's additional info there such as it being a bass reflex design, pushing out 40W, etc.

Elric

Silver Supporting Member
From the official facebook page "Spark is its own ecosystem so unfortunately won't be able to integrate with Bias FX 2. Being mainly a practice amp, it doesn't provide foot-switching functionality." They also stated on the Facebook page that it's a more streamlined version of Bias FX/Amp - without actually saying what effects/amps it uses. To me this seems like a massive sidewards step. Why not release Bios FX 2 for mobile devices, and then have this amp sync with Bias FX 2 and Bias Amp 2?
It is primarily a convenient all in one interface for their Spark online song learning system (already available as an app on iOS). It is similar to Fenders new online song service and a couple others that have popped up.

It’s primary design objective is to facilitate use of the pay to play service (which is where the big bucks are...) not to be a stand alone device competing with the millions of practice amps out there.

If you want full Bias compatibility there’s the much more expensive Bias Amp and Mini. If you want full Bias Fx there is no stand alone product.

fuzzmore

intriguing. a compact practice amp also usable as audio speaker is exactly what i could need. but it must be real stereo. and the speakers shouldn't be too tiny.
need more details! :bitch

edit: oversaw that part with the two speakers. so it should be stereo.

The Spark amp’s two custom-designed speakers and tuned bass-reflex port are engineered to provide deep, full-sounding basses and crystal-clear highs for every style of music. Plug in and play or stream your music using Bluetooth in hi def audio.

Last edited:

LaXu

I'm not sure I can get around the fact that they were ok with the chassis clipping the text around the amp model knob.

tguyfr

I was very keen to buy this but cooling off very quickly. I don’t want to be stuck in a subscription based rabbit hole. This seems like it might become one!!

I think I’ll go with Plan A which is THR II 30.
True, nothing clear about the app : is it a lifetime service or a subscription plan ?

Jaycobie

I'm not seeing any mention of external speaker out. Not sure if anyone would really care about 40w when the speakers are tiny, but this is obviously meant for the average Joe just-started-learing-guitar home-gamer.
Making this a highly versatile amp with a very low price point would perhaps eat into the market share for their more expensive amp, so it makes sense that they are neutering some of it's abilities.

mac jones

Yeah, going quick 85/100. So that's 15 in 15 minutes. The deal should be done within an hour.

Did I buy one? maybe :D

At $179 it's good. Looks cool. This is important. :D

correction: done in about 15 minutes at this rate.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom