Positive Grid Spark Oh Yeah.

MikeyG

Silver Supporting Member
So that vamp in the video was around 95 bpm... Doesn't seem like it got the tempo right?

FPFL

The late 80s Queensryche sound is an all-time classic. Mindcrime is also a desert island Top 10 album!

On a related note, I do think they’ve promoted the Spark a bit much given the fulfillment stall. (I’m on the pre-order waitlist)
Its starting to backfire on social media, as people are jumping on new social media posts -
“Why tease us with hardware pics (a room full of Sparks) when you won’t ship me the one I paid for already?”

The one Spark delay is totally predictable, not in the least surprised, or upset given their track record. I expected one.
If it becomes two, or gets more vague, I think that will be another matter... We’ll see.

I wish the developers good luck in the sprint to the 1.0

Be well,

P

Tmidiman

There’s a new demo on YT if your interested. (Deleted personal review of the presentation)

Not much more than we already know.

Hackdog69

Gold Supporting Member
any idea where they are in shipping these? Have the December deliveries arrived?

PhilBeau

I think that they pushed them out there when they found out about the Yamaha THRII series being released. They wanted to get a bunch of that business. They dropped the Spark preorder page with no videos or anything the week the THR's started shipping. I almost held off on the THR and waited for the Spark.

I'm happy I chose the THR. For the Bias stuff, I still have my PC and iPad.

bluescube

UPDATE #2: Wow. 10,000 Spark Amps Pre-Ordered!

Dear Spark Supporter,

You've helped us reach another incredible milestone — 10,000 Spark amps are now pre-ordered. Thank you for your belief in this amplifier! We can't wait for you to plug into Spark. In the meantime, we'll be updating you with shipping details, highlighting some of Spark's many awesome features, and more.

Until then, check out this regularly-updated YouTube playlist, featuring all the new Spark-related videos you need to watch.

-The Spark Team

UPDATE #3.1: Super Early and Early Birds – Shipping Update
The Spark Team
12/22/2019

Dear Spark Super Early and Early Birds,

We wanted to get in touch to provide an update on Spark shipments. We've heard your questions and concerns relating to shipping and would like to provide clear and honest communication throughout this process.

Currently, we are 4 weeks delayed from our original ship date. After communicating with our manufacturing team, we expect to start shipping in mid-late January depends on your location.

But why the delay? The response to Spark has been overwhelming, and we did not anticipate receiving this colossal number of pre-orders. Working through the process of acquiring parts and building units has taken longer than we expected, delaying shipping: we just can’t make them fast enough to keep up with demand!

We sincerely apologize for the delay. Our team is pushing through the holiday season to ensure Spark units are shipped as quickly as possible, while also making sure all of the amp's features and specs are working perfectly.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to let us know. We can't wait for you to get your hands on Spark!

We'll be in touch soon with further updates. Until then, please feel free to contact with us for any questions at support@positivegrid.com.

Thanks again for your continued support and belief in Spark.

Note: for the shipments of Power Supporters and Players Specials, we'll be in touch soon with further updates.

- The Spark Team

sitedrifter

Gold Supporting Member
In my opinion, this delay is all about the software. Having more orders then expected does not prevent shipping of the xxx amount of units they expected to build, just delays the unexpected units. Again, I am pretty sure it is the app as the delay not the hardware.

In my opinion, this delay is all about the software. Having more orders then expected does not prevent shipping of the xxx amount of units they expected to build, just delays the unexpected units. Again, I am pretty sure it is the app as the delay not the hardware.

Agree - Positive Grid has iOS apps have always had very positive reviews in the app store, but if this Spark app can do half of what they claim in the promos I will be impressed. Not to mention they're also launching the app at the same time on Android. It must be a maelstrom at their office right now.

Top Bottom