Possible eBay trouble / USPS Trouble.

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by kc_hubbs, May 3, 2015.

1. kc_hubbs

kc_hubbs Member

2 weeks ago i bought a Mesa Triple rec from a person on ebay. I paid (using Paypal), and it was shipped out the next day.

The package only tracked for 2 days, and then nothing. After a week of no tracking updates, i call the customer service for the USPS. I spoke to a lady who tracked the package for me and assured me that it was moving, it just wasnt being tracked for some reason on the system. She said she could see it on her end, and said it would be here the next day.

The next day it didnt show up. So i called customer service again, and explaining myself, now i talk to someone who said that the package hasnt moved since it was last scanned, and that there was a problem with it. They said they would be in contact. Over the last couple days the post has called me a few times telling me that there is a problem, and they are trying to find out where the package is.

Then i message the seller to inform them on whats going on. They write back and let me know that the post office told them that all is fine and that the package will be here soon, but the post office is telling me a different story.

Has anyone ever dealt with situations like this ?

2. Peeb

Peeb Member

Same issue. No idea what to do about it.

3. NHDave

NHDave Supporting Member

first question, how did they ship it?

parcel post? it can take a while (and tracking not great while it's in process)

have your postmaster (the boss at the local post office) check into it for you.

4. kc_hubbs

kc_hubbs Member

It did go Parcel Post. The auction listed that it would ship Priority mail, but after i won the auction i was informed that it was going to cost too much to ship Priority, and that they chose to ship it Parcel Post. Honestly, i got such a great deal on the head, that the slow shipping doesn't bother me.

When i called customer service, the local Postmaster actually called me back a couple times to inform me about what was going on. The Postmaster even told me that there was a problem. She said that it could either be lost, or just misplaced and just laying somewhere.

5. tonydetiger

tonydetiger Supporting Member

The last time I had something like this happen, USPS mishandled the package and broke the guitar inside. I saw the pics of it when the buyer received it. The whole thing looked like it had been run over by a truck or forklift.

6. Peeb

Peeb Member

My missing item is USPS also. Been in MS since 4-28.

7. kc_hubbs

kc_hubbs Member

Mine was estimated to arrive on the 23rd and it still isnt here.

I went ahead and informed and reported to ebay that I hadnt received item, just so there is a record of it.

Im not sure how likely it is, but I wonder if the seller can file a insurance claim, get there money back, and keep telling me to hold on for a few weeks until its too late to get my money back.

8. Timmo

Timmo Member

I had an amp head sit in a warehouse for 4 days 90 miles from it's origin with the USPS PRIORITY MAIL.
    The told me it was most likely lost so the seller refunded me and the PO returned the amp to the seller many days later.
    I never knew if it was damaged or not but the USPS now officially Sucks as much as the other shippers......:crazy

9. Darth Tater

Darth Tater Supporting Member

Paypal dispute. now.

10. Dr. Tweedbucket

Dr. Tweedbucket Deluxe model available !!!11

Gamma Ray detection station on Mt. Kwakkleberry
    I could tell you my horror stories about USPS dealings, but it's not worth wasting time on them.

Best of luck :cry:

11. kc_hubbs

kc_hubbs Member

I filed a claim on ebay for not getting the amp, and the tracking number should back me up on that.

I looked on my paypal page, i cant see where i can report a problem with it. In my 10 years of using Paypal and Ebay, ive never had a problem before, so its all a little new to me on how to handle this.

12. GAD

GAD Wubbalubbadubdub Silver Supporting Member

Parcel Post blows chunks. It will get there when it gets there. I had a guitar that someone shipped to me from 90 miles away. It took 14 days.

The way it was explained to me was that Parcel Post is the lowest priority package, and they'll only load them on the trucks when there's room. A big box like an amp or a guitar could languish for days or weeks until there's room (or they feel like it).

Never, ever, ship anything your eager to receive via Parcel Post.

13. kc_hubbs

kc_hubbs Member

The package arrived today. The post office informed me that the tracking label had been torn off and couldnt be scanned.

I havent gotten a chance to pick it up, but i will tomorrow.