Possible (Odd) Choice for Guitar Cab + Speaker Upgrade

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by SMB13, Jan 18, 2015.

1. SMB13

SMB13 Member

Hey guys, first post here! Been a long time lurker via Google searches, so I figured I'd finally join. Here's my question...

I managed to get a pair of Peavey 1210T's for free a few weeks back. I did some Googling and only found a small bit of info on them. They're PA columns, with three tweeters, two 10"s, and two 12"s and are pretty tall (looks like a tower with the amp on top).

I was thinking about putting new speakers in them (one G12t-75 and V30 in each, clueless as to what 10"s to put in) and using it as a guitar cab, but wanted to see if anyone has used these and get opinions on whether it would make a decent cabinet setup.

If the answer somehow happens to be yes, I will also ask this; what 10"s should I look into getting? I play dirtier, fuzzy/heavy stuff (Stoner, doom, sludge). On top of that, if I still wanted to use them as home/practice PA speakers, would the new guitar speakers be passable enough to use them as such?

It's partly aesthetics which, is why I ask; they look nice sitting under an amp which is why I pondered this idea. If they won't cut it though, then they'll remain PA speakers.

Thanks for the help!

2. SMB13

SMB13 Member

Anyone? Upon further research, I noticed that these were also called the T300s as opposed to just 1210T (which is the model name shown on the jack plate).