• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Possible pedalboard setup (power questions)

twostring

I'm looking at setting up a larger pedalboard using a Pedaltrain Pro. I'd like to run everything off of a single power supply, but I know the limitations of this setup. Here's the rig...

Custom Wah
BYOC 5 Knob Compressor
Digitech Whammy 4
Fulltone Deja Vibe Mini
Custom Overdrive (based on the BYOC OD2)
Custom Distortion (dual Blues Breakers in a single box)
BYOC Fully Loaded Phaser
Fulltone Supa-Trem
MXR 10 Band EQ
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Line6 DL-4
Fulltone Choralflange 1
Korg Pitchblack

The power supply will be a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2. The power hookups are as follows.

Port 1/2 - combined to power the MXR 10 Band
Port 3 - Split to Korg Pitchblack and Carbon Copy (the Aux Out port on the Pitchblack goes to the Choralflange)
Port 4 - Fulltone Dejavibe
Port 5 - Line6 DL4
Port 6 - Split to the Overdrive and Distortion
Port 7 - Split to the Phaser and Supa-Trem
Port 8 - Split to the Wah and Compressor
AC jack on the power unit will power the Whammy

I'm still waiting to hear back from Fulltone about the power consumption of their pedals, but so far, I think the Pedal Power should be able to handle everything. Anything I should look out for (other than grounding issues, which I've never had any problem with concerning the split power cables).

Thanks,

Chad

Port 3 - Split to Korg Pitchblack and Carbon Copy (the Aux Out port on the Pitchblack goes to the Choralflange)

I don't think this is gonna work, thats a lot of mA needed, and the PP 2+ only puts out 100 mA on that output.

twostring

I don't think this is gonna work, thats a lot of mA needed, and the PP 2+ only puts out 100 mA on that output.
I can't say for sure until I get the notes back from Fulltone to see what hte current draw on the Choralflange is. The Pitchblack pulls nothing until it's activated. The Carbon Copy pulls 26mA. I suppose I would switch the Carbon Copy and the Phaser, because I can't really fathom a need to have both the phaser and the chorus on at the same time. As it is, the Chorus sees limited use, but the Carbon Copy is on 90% of the time.

I can't say for sure until I get the notes back from Fulltone to see what hte current draw on the Choralflange is. The Pitchblack pulls nothing until it's activated. The Carbon Copy pulls 26mA. I suppose I would switch the Carbon Copy and the Phaser, because I can't really fathom a need to have both the phaser and the chorus on at the same time. As it is, the Chorus sees limited use, but the Carbon Copy is on 90% of the time.

In that case it might be sweet. Seems you have a good handle on it. I use a PP 2+ too, it even powers my Eventide TF, plus an 18v pedal and 5 standard 9v ones.

stinkfoot

Wether the phaser or chorus pedals are on or off, they will still use the same amount of current. The Pitchblack turns itself off in bypass, but you'll still need to calculate with the full 35mA it uses when tuning (as the other pedals still draw the same). So CC = 26mA + Pitchblack = 35mA equals 61mA. This means the Choralflange needs to draw less than 40mA for this to work. Ideally, it should be less than 30mA (as you should always leave the power supply a little breathing room).

/Andreas

twostring

In that case it might be sweet. Seems you have a good handle on it. I use a PP 2+ too, it even powers my Eventide TF, plus an 18v pedal and 5 standard 9v ones.
I appreciate the chime in either way....if you have any other ideas or can think of any problems I might run in to, let me know.

twostring

Wether the phaser or chorus pedals are on or off, they will still use the same amount of current. The Pitchblack turns itself off in bypass, but you'll still need to calculate with the full 35mA it uses when tuning (as the other pedals still draw the same). So CC = 26mA + Pitchblack = 35mA equals 61mA. This means the Choralflange needs to draw less than 40mA for this to work. Ideally, it should be less than 30mA (as you should always leave the power supply a little breathing room).

/Andreas
Now I get it...audio bypass...duh!

The electronics aren't cut from the power supply at all. I never really thought about that. Thanks!!

Still haven't heard back from Fulltone on the current draw. If anyone else knows, I'd appreciate the info.

Trending Topics