Possible ruined finish due to bug spray

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by evildik, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Vaibhav Joshi

Vaibhav Joshi Member

I'm not sure if I'm using the Citriadora but it's eucalyptus oil that I got right from the mill they were making it. Works as an analgesic, works against cold and cough. Can even take a hot water bath with a few drops of it. Also works great for women having headaches.

2. Vaibhav Joshi

Vaibhav Joshi Member

Very true. There is an ongoing movement to eradicate natural substances from our lifestyle. Most modern conditions have modern causes.
    Started wearing a deodrant after my workout because I have to be in the office throughout the day. I have never used one before & decided to just stop it.
    The guy working next to me has an array of bottles at his desk, from Cereal to Coffee cream, Deo.. everything.

3. budglo58

budglo58 Member

Sorry to hear of your dilemma . I too am fortunatr enough to live within a stones throw of Lays. Dan will do a great job on your guitar . The do many vintage restorations and everyone that I know have been very happy with them. I am taking my 72 Martin to them later this month for some work . They have always treated me right . Good luck.

evildik likes this.
  4. atemporal

atemporal Member

I once worked with someone who didn't wear deodorant or antiperspirant. The management had to have a word for the obvious reason that they didn't smell too good. The natural approach leads to nose blind honk. You might want to ask your coworkers what they think about your natural approach!

5. jalmer

jalmer Member

Actually I believe goes back at least to 1980 in CO when I was in college. I recall hearing it was the Forest Rangers pick to click.

Vaibhav Joshi and derekd like this.
  6. PatriotBadger

PatriotBadger Member

I've seen that happen too, but there are some who genuinely don't need it. I happen to be one. I don't have any idea why, just don't generate any odor and don't need it. It's actually kinda weird. Aggravates my wife to no end, who could never even dream of getting away with that.

Back on topic, picaridin is some seriously effective stuff that doesn't destroy everything is touches. Not sure if it works for ticks specifically, but the interweb knows I'm sure.

7. derekd

derekd Member

Uh, I don't think we have 30,000 shark attacks each year in the US. There are, however, 30,000 NEW cases of Lyme's disease diagnosed here annually.

That is a bit more than just a phobia.

Tone Loco likes this.
  8. Vaibhav Joshi

Vaibhav Joshi Member

You may want to keep your sarcasm to yourself, we all know what life, environment & health have become in recent times. And I am trying to ensure a better one for myself. My workplace has people stuck in a rut for the most part and after I started moving away from the desk & balance it out, others have joined in & are supportive.
    I guess they don't care so much about my body odour as you do a continent away.
    Why don't you cycle to the office with all the pollution & traffic trying to run over you, here in India & then tell me my natural approach is more important than how I smell. I also happen to not smell bad but that's a different matter.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  9. rockon1

rockon1 Member

Well that sucks! Thank you for the information though! I dont use bug spray much but if/when I do I'll probably remember to wash it off thoroughly now before putting my grubby hands on my geetar! Bob

evildik likes this.
  10. SRQGuitar

SRQGuitar Gold Supporting Member

Anyone know of a deodorant that's safe for nitro? Asking for a friend.

11. Vaibhav Joshi

Vaibhav Joshi Member

I have never heard of Deer ticks or Lyme disease and reading all these instances, I read a bit more online. I am surprised how serious this is.. it is not highlighted in the mainstream media at all.
    Sharks are more of a concern towards Australia I believe.

derekd likes this.
  12. Kyle B

Kyle B Supporting Member

When I was about 10, I graffitied my dad's car with a can of OFF. I figured it'd disappear after it dried.

It did not....

Tone Loco likes this.
  13. Tone Loco

Tone Loco Silver Supporting Member

:roll

Now that’s pushing a mans limits!

14. Jdstrat

Jdstrat Member

Did he drive a VW Bug? ;)

Kyle B likes this.
  15. Kyle B

Kyle B Supporting Member

Fortunately for me, it was a bit of a beater car already so I escaped without a butt whooping.

No! It was a 69 Chevelle.

Tone Loco likes this.