Possible to get discounts on Fender amps?

THiwaTT

GASsing hard for a 57 Custom Champ after spending some time with one in a local shop, but don’t want to pay full price - I know Fender is normally excluded on coupons , but have you all had any luck asking for a discount anyway?
If there aren’t any coupons out, have you had luck just using the chat feature on the big box sites and getting a discount?

Thanks in advance

67super

Absolutely I have gotten discounts on Fender amps. I live in the DC area, get a quote from dealer A which has a decent discount and tell Dealer B they have to beat that price.

Sam Shakusky

The few local places will only eat tax and sometimes discount ~$50 shipping if the advertise free shipping.

Tucson has over 8% tax so decent enough gesture....

I don't think Fender are being tight wads as much as leveling the playing field for small dealers. Small shop has way USA Fenders than GC which has more Squires etc...

That said I have seen GC take deep discounts on NOS that's over a year old so perhaps a stale inventory clause.... I got a 2017 AVRI Telecaster for $1300 last year!

Sam

GASsing hard for a 57 Custom Champ after spending some time with one in a local shop, but don’t want to pay full price - I know Fender is normally excluded on coupons , but have you all had any luck asking for a discount anyway?
If there aren’t any coupons out, have you had luck just using the chat feature on the big box sites and getting a discount?

Thanks in advance
Sam Ash gave 10% off Fender for Labor Day -- betting they'll do it on any major holiday/sale.
I bought a '57 Custom Champ. May have to go for the '57 Deluxe next :D

slide13

Supporting Member
I've consitently been able to get 15-18% off Fender stuff. So yes, definitely. Maybe not at a big chain store, but find a smaller independent and it should be fairly easy. I doubt I could get much of a deal at Guitar Center here but there are 3 shops within an hour drive where I know I can get a minimum of 15% off. I bought a 57 Custom Champ a while back actually and pretty sure I was right around 17-18% off on that one. And I'm not a hardcore haggler....it was basically "so can you help me out on the price of this at all" and that was the number they came back with.

Buck Woodson

Supporting Member
Austin Vintage Guitar will, especially if it's been on the floor awhile. They have one. I don't know their policy on shipping as they are local to me.

I got a nice discount on a tweed champ reissue. I'd say give them a call.