• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Post a pic of your wedding band rig!

squeally dan

Here is mine:

71 Super Reverb/James Burton tele/ fender strat/Line 6 M13/Griffin modded wah pedal/cold beer!

Brooks

nice. but, putting drinks on top of electronic gear is asking for disaster. get a swirlygig.

Isn't that why they make amps level and flat on top? Whenever I lack a leggy supermodel to stand by and hold my drinks for me while I play, I set 'em on my amp.

mikefair

Silver Supporting Member
I've been leaving my drinks and beers on my 65' BF since I got it in the 70's, what's the problem?
I found out the hard way. We were playing on a very small stage. I had probably played there 60 times without incident. I had an ice cold pint of Bass on top of the amp. The drummer had to step over my amp to get to his kit. This particular night he missed his target and kicked the beer over. Defying the laws of physics, instead of going out, it went right into the back of the amp. Ice cold beer meets glowing hot power tubes. Suddenly the amp was out of service for the night. I was lucky it wasn't forever.

plexistack

I found out the hard way. We were playing on a very small stage. I had probably played there 60 times without incident. I had an ice cold pint of Bass on top of the amp. The drummer had to step over my amp to get to his kit. This particular night he missed his target and kicked the beer over. Defying the laws of physics, instead of going out, it went right into the back of the amp. Ice cold beer meets glowing hot power tubes. Suddenly the amp was out of service for the night. I was lucky it wasn't forever.
You drink Bass Ale ice cold?
Only in America.

subendo

See, I always felt that Bass ale made my Fender amp sound harsh and sterile. Now, a Corona on top of the amp really brings out the "bloom" and sweetness in the mids.
Guiness makes the lows farty and Budweiser brings out the ice-pick highs.
YMMV, but you gotta find the right beer for your amp.

btw...what's a "swirlygig"?

Guitar55

Who was that masked man?
Gold Supporting Member
Oh my God!!! Were you able to get another beer?????

Texas_Blues

Drummers!:facepalm

Trending Topics