Post a rare musical find from Youtube

Guitardave

Apparently he had a nervous breakdown when his second album flopped. He had to reinvent himself to survive. I loved that debut album. I'm glad he is still singing. He still brings the goods.This is beautiful.

I wondered what happened to him but I don't really follow pop music all that much. His first album was really strong!

HoweFan

The only recordings of Debussy playing piano, 1904. Fidelity to match; would LOVE to hear this cleaned up digitally. Not sure if the later piano rolls should count or not; kind of on the fence about that.

Tony Done

I bought this album shortly after it came out, and I have never understood why this track hasn't got more hits. It is a story in music, and the lament for the dead fox that starts at 4:22 still brings tears to my eyes - but I'm just a silly old man. Finbar Furey is still one of my favourite performers.

Hack Prophet

vile mighty wretched
Not sure how rare this is, because apparently some of her videos have gone viral into the millions of views, but I initially saw this on the recommended tab and kind of expected it to be one of those "most amazing guitarist in the world" videos that turns out to be just a bunch of hacky BS, but I was pleased to discover this Alexandra Whittingham is a real artist. Tremendously musical and passionate.

Tony Done

Not sure how rare this is, because apparently some of her videos have gone viral into the millions of views, but I initially saw this on the recommended tab and kind of expected it to be one of those "most amazing guitarist in the world" videos that turns out to be just a bunch of hacky BS, but I was pleased to discover this Alexandra Whittingham is a real artist. Tremendously musical and passionate.

How about Ana Vidovic? :) The guitar in yours sounds terrific, I wonder if it is the guitar, the ambiance or post recording? I reckon that Ana's flamenco-like tone comes from the Redgate that she plays.

Hack Prophet

vile mighty wretched
How about Ana Vidovic? :) The guitar in yours sounds terrific, I wonder if it is the guitar, the ambiance or post recording? I reckon that Ana's flamenco-like tone comes from the Redgate that she plays.
Love Ana Vidovic as well. The guitar in the video is a Christopher Dean, which is from what I gather a very high-end contemporary builder out of the UK

WordMan

Gold Supporting Member
Don't know ab't rare, but it's not that common to find someone who can do Honky Tonk w/ the proper feel.

Damn. So that is Terry Evans on guitar? Could he groove that any harder?

Oh, and for another offering to this thread, gotta go with David Lindley on the oud. Please, please, please do yourself a favor and make it to 2 minutes in. Such a badass.

Tony Done

Oh, and for another offering to this thread, gotta go with David Lindley on the oud. Please, please, please do yourself a favor and make it to 2 minutes in. Such a badass.
I've benn listening to him for quite a while now, mostly via Ry Cooder. I like his playing more than his singing. :)

Here's another long-time favourite of mine, probbaly well known in his own circles, not so much here in the west.

All those pull-offs he does are neat.

Kennybeeinfl

It’s actually from the 1967 Monterey Jazz Festival not 1965 as listed, but this rare early live video of BB King includes him playing with T-Bone Walker which to my knowledge is the only known live video of BB King and T-Bone Walker his idol playing together. This live BB King set is one of my favorite videos on YouTube.
That was great thanks for posting.

Trending Topics