Post a rare musical find from Youtube

NotWesYet

Silver Supporting Member
That was really incredible. Loved it.
I had forgotten all about Gabor until recently. I was unaware of his influence on Santana, as well, but you can here it. There is an excellent video on Youtube with Santana discussing it.

dlguitar64

Unexpected, I'm not sure whether I like it or not. I'm a big fan of Dylan as a poet and songwriter, IMO the Noble Prize was long overdue, but I would rather have almost anybody else playing his stuff. :)
I am a huge Bluegrass, Flatt and Scruggs, and Dylan fan and he is about the last person I want to see those guys cover as well! Earl was getting restless after 20 years with Lester and this was the result.

Korla Pundit

mostly talking, but music gets going a little after 16:00, about 5 minutes worth

this one focuses on some sort of homemade or rehoused electronic percussion box:

Last edited:

Korla Pundit

Wild documentary on Tunnel Canary, from Vancouver, who were sort of contemporaries of the NY No Wave scene, though it appears they came up with their take on that sort of thing on their own:

I think these guys are from the midwest. I think they only made one record. Here's an excerpt I found on YouTube.
From the Midwest here. Got this record from my dad and I recall him saying that they were from the west coast.

Last edited:

Wiz-ski

Double Platinum Member
This is a bluegrass cover of Dawes' When My Time Comes - really makes you realize how great of a song it is...

circumstances

Here is a live concert of a (very) short lived version of Humble Pie from 1989 that featured my cousin, Mr. Walter Stocker of The Babys (and Rod Stewart, and Air Supply) on lead guitar, and a young Sean Beavan (Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson, A Perfect Circle, Guns n' Roses, etc. etc. mixer/producer) on bass.

Trending Topics