• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Post a singlecut that’s not a Gibson Les Paul

skhan007

Silver Supporting Member
Someone already posted the LTD EC model, but here's a slightly less common version (at least in the US.) The standard series ESP with 4 knobs instead of just 3.

OK, these have really piqued my curiosity! I decided to research these and what I found is that the 24-Fret models all have the contoured neck heel, but only a few of the 22-fret models have the contorted heel. For the 22-Fret models that do not have the contoured heel, is the traditional looking LP neck joint awkward on your fretting hand, like it is on a traditional LP? Very interested in this model and apparently you’ve got one or two, so I imagine you have a good amount of experience.

Switters

How are the pickups on this one?
I’ve been looking at those guys.
I’m not great at this, but;
I was really surprised by the pickups - I went in assuming that I’d swap them out. (The guitar is early 80s, Japanese manufacture)
I haven’t any measurements, but they are big/bold and somehow quite clear and articulate, great with gain and cleans +usable tapped sounds. I really like them, the neck especially - I spend a lot of time there.

The guitar itself is really well made and a cool and unusual take on the LP.
I’d highly recommend one, at the right price.

Pushead

For the 22-Fret models that do not have the contoured heel, is the traditional looking LP neck joint awkward on your fretting hand, like it is on a traditional LP?
When they switched to E-II in 2013, even the 22 fret models have the contoured heel. There is still a double-bound model that has the traditional heel. Eclipse guitars are thinner, and that helps, but I suspect if you don't get along with a Les Paul, you may not get along with an Eclipse with the traditional heel.

skhan007

Silver Supporting Member
When they switched to E-II in 2013, even the 22 fret models have the contoured heel. There is still a double-bound model that has the traditional heel. Eclipse guitars are thinner, and that helps, but I suspect if you don't get along with a Les Paul, you may not get along with an Eclipse with the traditional heel.
Thanks man. I’m ok with the LP traditional heel, but a contoured heel would be so much better.

skhan007

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks! That's a very very solid guess. You are precisely correct.
Awesome. A good friend of mine has two GMP flying V’s and swears they among the best quality guitars he’s owned. I’ve always had an appreciation for Dan Lawrence’s finishing work. Love these single cuts he’s making.

Lacking Talent

Gold Supporting Member
Been without an example of the particular, oft-imitated style of guitar in question for quite some time now, then stumbled upon this (Used Like New) Agile AL-3010 a few weeks back and that was that; all kinds of (surprisingly) awesome for, shall we say, considerably less than its inspiration...

Click to embiggen!

Last edited:

Trending Topics