Post one of your favorite classic MTV videos

Go Cat Go!!

It's also a great time capsule of "the supermodels" in that cultural moment of the supermodel phenomenon.

I think this is everyone who was in the video. The video put a stamp on that moment. Linda Evangelista had to be talked into being in the video by George Michael. But Linda, you'll be famous. George, I'm already famous. She has said when people approach her now they ask about the video. George Michael was right. Everyone knew who they were afterwards. I don't think there is this level of super model today.

A-Bone

Montonero, MOY, Multitudes
Platinum Supporting Member
I think this is everyone who was in the video. The video put a stamp on that moment. Linda Evangelista had to be talked into being in the video by George Michael. But Linda, you'll be famous. George, I'm already famous. She has said when people approach her now they ask about the video. George Michael was right. Everyone knew who they were afterwards. I don't think there is this level of super model today.
The Peter Lindbergh Vogue cover features the five models who appeared in the video (Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista, Tatjana Patitz, Christy Turlington and Cindy Crawford). It was that magazine cover that led to them being hired for the video.

RolandKorg

This video was always a breath of fresh air. Most videos were full of people fronting and cheesing or grandiose narratives. This was just people playing music.
The freaky thing about the Demme direction/editing here is that he focuses so often on the moments before they actually play their bits.

RolandKorg

It's also a great time capsule of "the supermodels" in that cultural moment of the supermodel phenomenon.

That was a great era. I was living in NYC and trying to become the next Steven Meisel at the time. Had an opportunity to see/meet a lot of the big names. When people would say 'models are just regular girls with great makeup and lighting,' i could just shake my head and say, "Nope."

A-Bone

Montonero, MOY, Multitudes
Platinum Supporting Member
That was a great era. I was living in NYC and trying to become the next Steven Meisel at the time. Had an opportunity to see/meet a lot of the big names. When people would say 'models are just regular girls with great makeup and lighting,' i could just shake my head and say, "Nope."
Indeed. In addition to working subsequently with models about a decade ago, I ran into Turlington at a San Francisco bar in the 90s. She was every bit the stunner in person as in photos.

Dr. Tweedbucket

Deluxe model available !!!11
I don't know that Lynyrd Skynyrd made many concept videos, but here is a cool song and performance by the band ...

And can't forget Bowie/Queen ...

And what, how or why would you ever forget the Who ? :confused

Last edited:

jumpnblues

David Byrne and Talking Heads...the one where David is wearing the baggy suit. Can't recall the name? Help me out.

Got it! "Girl Friend Is Better" Great song. Great video.

Last edited:

NotWesYet

Silver Supporting Member
Indeed. In addition to working subsequently with models about a decade ago, I ran into Turlington at a San Francisco bar in the 90s. She was every bit the stunner in person as in photos.
You are Adrien Brody! I knew it!

Trending Topics