Post ONE photo from your last gig - Part 2

Dexter.Sinister

Still breathing
Platinum Supporting Member
Oriente (Bartle, CU).

409582995.jpg

Next stop...Hawaii (da Big Island).

Dasein

This is probably the last photograph taken of me playing - circa 95, Lake Toba, Sumatra - a private performance for an audience of 1 (though there might have been some little kids running around.) I call it my "cult leader" photo because of the blouse.

lake_toba_1.jpg

Dexter.Sinister

Still breathing
Platinum Supporting Member
Some acoustic instruments and some people clapping hands along. That there is the essence, the source, the pure distillation of music making. I love this picture! :dude

Indeed!

That was me on Cuatro (though I prefer not be called a cuatrero as it has an unsavory connotation, opting for tresero mas uno) and an old playing parter from my travels across Cuba on Guitar. This was my third pass through the island and I played dance halls, restaurants, squares, campgrounds, private parties, etc. In that image, I am playing a birthday party along side a lake in rural Cuba. The clapping souls are farmers. They roasted a pig, caught a mess of fish they fried up, boiled up a pot of yuca smothered in mojo (garlic and onions and oil), rice and black beans. We arrived on the back of a flatbed truck and stayed until we dropped.

Good times. And lots of music. Mostly Son, rhumba, some jazz, a couple pop and rock bits, and lots of improvisation (both musical and dance). I love that place and those people (troubles excepted, but...).

crambone

That looks like somebody cleaned out their storage bin of all the PA cabs they'd been collecting since the '70's. Ain't seen a mish-mash of ground stacked cabs like that in ages. But, hey, it it's what you got and it works, rock on!

hahaha

stephenT

Last night, that's 87 year old Eddie Tigner next to me on piano. We play together every week. About the blues hat, it's a new thing for me. I've started wearing hats (don't like them) because the sun and me,.. we don't get along. Then folks began to tell me I look younger with the hat,... so I'm starting to like hats.

10359064_10204350490390928_2146473791294331471_o.jpg

KHAN

That looks like somebody cleaned out their storage bin of all the PA cabs they'd been collecting since the '70's. Ain't seen a mish-mash of ground stacked cabs like that in ages. But, hey, it it's what you got and it works, rock on!

Not our PA. And yeah, it Sucks pretty bad. lol

lp_bruce

Silver Supporting Member
Playing @ one of my favorite places, PJ's Lager House
pjs-1.jpg

Peace,

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom