• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Post-Peavey Budda SD question....

Dave B

Exit... Dual Stage Left
Gold Supporting Member
.....you would be there easily with just that if playing thru a Superdrive... but with a Twinmaster, you'll need either earplugs or dirt. :cool::D
Or an attenuator, or a volume pedal in the efx loop as a pseudo-MV, if you aren't using the loop for any modulation and time pedals.
UPDATE, becuz I know y'allz cay-yuh so much.....I just bought this TM!!!:boxer:cool:
Congratulations - nice price, too! Let us know what you think when it arrives, and if it gets you into Gilmour-land for that tune.

All Twinmasters of any era are PTP.
I had an H20 for a few years, and I think you're easily going to be in the modulation ballpark.

Last edited:

Teh RedWizard

Silver Supporting Member
Congrats! Looking forward to the tone report!
So I took the amp to a tech this afternoon to find out about a rattle going on when I get the volume up a bit. Yeah, the amp is loud! While there, the amp is also getting Sozo caps, and I'm replacing the toob rectifier with a SS rec plug in. VEEE SHULL SI!:eek:

bluejazzoid

Silver Supporting Member
So I took the amp to a tech this afternoon to find out about a rattle going on when I get the volume up a bit. Yeah, the amp is loud! While there, the amp is also getting Sozo caps, and I'm replacing the toob rectifier with a SS rec plug in. VEEE SHULL SI!:eek:
Let us know when you get it back from the tech how it sounds.

Also, you might read this about swapping the rectifier with a SS plug-in... seems there's a chance that Budda voltage might fry it. But others have done so without that happening, so just mentioning it in case you didn't know.

HoboMan

Gold Supporting Member
I asked Jeff bober about using in an SS rectifier in my SuperDrive and he advised against it.

Teh RedWizard

Silver Supporting Member
Congrats! Looking forward to the tone report!
So the SS rec is installed, and the caps. My tech assured me that he's done this before, and made the necessary bias adjustments to accommodate the changes. So it's a clean machine now! I find that I have to get quite a bit further up the volume dial even plugged into the higher-gain input to get any serious break-up, and it's LOUD by then!:eek:

That's ok, as I just picked up a Hiwatt Custom 20 2x10 combo, and am looking to put together a little stereo rig here. Maybe run something like a Keeley Dark Side pedal, or my H20 in the loop of the TM, and run the C20 dry....I'LL BET THAT WOULD SOUND REAL COOL!:cool:

shanesiegle

Silver Supporting Member
The original Budda company (pre-Peavey) made their amps for a few years at PTP. These are typically known as Series I. The Series II amps went to PCB (still pre-Budda). Still great amps and very well made. The Peavey gutshot above looks great as well. Very well made, full size components.
Actually the power section is still handwired but the preamps are pcb now, not that it matters but it's the way they are made.

sickboy79

So the SS rec is installed, and the caps. My tech assured me that he's done this before, and made the necessary bias adjustments to accommodate the changes. So it's a clean machine now! I find that I have to get quite a bit further up the volume dial even plugged into the higher-gain input to get any serious break-up, and it's LOUD by then!:eek:

That's ok, as I just picked up a Hiwatt Custom 20 2x10 combo, and am looking to put together a little stereo rig here. Maybe run something like a Keeley Dark Side pedal, or my H20 in the loop of the TM, and run the C20 dry....I'LL BET THAT WOULD SOUND REAL COOL!:cool:
Nice!

LesPaulPlayer

ISTR reading somewhere that, after a while, Peavey started using components that were not up to the standard Jeff Bober had specified and that he subsequently disavowed connection to the Budda amps for that reason. Don't take that as gospel.
That is a true statement. In particular, the cabinet woods were being sourced, by Peavey, from different parts of the country which changed the tone and parts were being sourced from different vendors. Additionally, the construction details were being changed bit by bit. This was all being done without Jeff's knowledge and after he'd been promised it wouldn't happen at the onset of the brief partnership. Source: Amps&Axes podcast.

Trending Topics