Post pictures of your amp's settings.

Upper Mids

Show us how you set your amp! Here's mine:

IMG_20220602_220056.jpg

Yes, I need to crank this shaggy rustbucket, but then it sounds great. It's a Sixty-Five. The master volume is somewhere between 4 and 6, depending on the circumstances. No pedals save for a reverb.

GasBubble

I’ll play.....
Today it is this.....
C2F2C43E-C2E5-47C9-8C0E-DC3841108CAE.jpeg

Pedals are important!
Nice clean amp setting that can croak when you dig, plus a quick little floor monster,
Tuner>te-2>eq>oceans

And when that isn’t what I’m after, METALCORE.

Next week, who knows?

Catatafish

Silver Supporting Member
Show us how you set your amp! Here's mine:

View attachment 616579
Yes, I need to crank this shaggy rustbucket, but then it sounds great. It's a Sixty-Five. The master volume is somewhere between 4 and 6, depending on the circumstances. No pedals save for a reverb.

Wait, why are your numbers backwards? Are you in the southern hemisphere?

Cosmo-D

Silver Supporting Member
Keep in mind this is a 120 watt head in a small room, but the EQ generally stays the same and the extra efx loop volume changes for the space. Oh, and ignore the clean channel, that never gets turned on. :D

9w4OruW.jpg

Upper Mids

Keep in mind this is a 120 watt head in a small room, but the EQ generally stays the same and the extra efx loop volume changes for the space. Oh, and ignore the clean channel, that never gets turned on. :D

9w4OruW.jpg
That's very little bass! Is your amp that bass-heavy or do you simply prefer a taut tone? :)

Cosmo-D

Silver Supporting Member
That's very little bass! Is your amp that bass-heavy or do you simply prefer a taut tone? :)
Several reasons actually:

1. The amp is extremely bass heavy. 4 KT88's put out a ton of bass.

2. My basement room is not very big and has problems with low end buildup up, even with some bass traps. I also have an eq in the loop shelving off about -6db at 100 Hz. I don't use this live but still keep the bass set the same on the amp.

3. I do like a taut tone and generally run the bass low on all of my amps. I let the bassist bring the lows, and it helps when I use fuzz or a booster of some kind. I hate a flubby sounding bass on guitar amps.

Upper Mids

Several reasons actually:

1. The amp is extremely bass heavy. 4 KT88's put out a ton of bass.

2. My basement room is not very big and has problems with low end buildup up, even with some bass traps. I also have an eq in the loop shelving off about -6db at 100 Hz. I don't use this live but still keep the bass set the same on the amp.

3. I do like a taut tone and generally run the bass low on all of my amps. I let the bassist bring the lows, and it helps when I use fuzz or a booster of some kind. I hate a flubby sounding bass on guitar amps.
That makes sense, thank you!

Top Bottom