• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Post the worst official product demos here

Howzaboppin

This doesn't make want to buy a Les Paul Recording (it gets even worse by side B):

And I don't know if Gibson knew what they had in the Fuzz-Tone back in '62...

Wot, no SRV licks?

Average Joe

RIvera somehow manage to produce demos of their amps that sound worse than the amps do in IRL. It's quite consistent too.

Capstan Philips

Silver Supporting Member
the demo guy couldn't sound less enthusiastic about it.
I had no problem with this guy's delivery.

Laid back compared to some, for sure - but I prefer that to so many of these YouTube presenters who come across as though they are on amphetamines.

The voice audio was a little muted/muffled, which I guess didn't help, but overall I thought it was good.

Last edited:

nl128

Gold Supporting Member
Early internet Dumble meme?
Not my vid but always gives me a chuckle
the guitar wank podcast just did an interview with him a few months back. He talked about the infamous dumble video a bit.

he now does ice diving in Antarctica part time along with being a scientist/engineer and playing jazz gigs. Interesting guy

TheSchwartz

Oh I’ve got one: ME!

So I had just purchased this guitar, and my friends at Gearwire (they were right next to the zZounds office, where I worked) wanted me to do a product demo. I said okay—just give me a few weeks to figure out how to play this thing properly. Unfortunately they only had a time slot available the next day for filming.

I thought no problem, I can figure this thing out in an evening! Oh the arrogance of youth. They gave me a Boss ME-50 and an AC15 play through, both of which I had never used before (nor would I have ever used an AC15 for this application.)

Ultimately I could have done worse, I guess, but man was I ripped to shreds in the comment section lol.

Capstan Philips

Silver Supporting Member
Oh I’ve got one: ME!

So I had just purchased this guitar, and my friends at Gearwire (they were right next to the zZounds office, where I worked) wanted me to do a product demo. I said okay—just give me a few weeks to figure out how to play this thing properly. Unfortunately they only had a time slot available the next day for filming.

I thought no problem, I can figure this thing out in an evening! Oh the arrogance of youth. They gave me a Boss ME-50 and an AC15 play through, both of which I had never used before (nor would I have ever used an AC15 for this application.)

Ultimately I could have done worse, I guess, but man was I ripped to shreds in the comment section lol.
You're a much braver man than I.

Did you keep the fretless?

Kyusha

the guitar wank podcast just did an interview with him a few months back. He talked about the infamous dumble video a bit.

he now does ice diving in Antarctica part time along with being a scientist/engineer and playing jazz gigs. Interesting guy
he surely nails the jazz thing

Top Bottom