Post up what your Grilling tonight!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by CC Overdrive, Apr 23, 2015.

1. CC Overdrive

CC Overdrive Member

Springs here gang. Fired up about nightly grilling. Here's a fierce Rib-eye I grilled tonight. The "Medium, Rested" pic did not come out, so I included a pic of some home distilled Whisky from my chemist friend. How's your #steakgame?

Pre-Game...

[​IMG]

What a beauty...

[​IMG]

Washed down with this....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  2. amptex

amptex Member

Nice ribeye sir. I'll be grilling some veggie skewers, cheesy polenta squares and chicken apple sausage.

3. jhc

jhc Senior Member

What's the story with those ice cubes?

4. CC Overdrive

CC Overdrive Member

Cheesy Polenta....damn, that sounds fantastic!

5. 100JH

100JH Member

yea no ****...i thought single large cubes of ice were the in thing. maybe that is some sort of frozen plastic to keep his drink cold, but not release water?

6. CC Overdrive

CC Overdrive Member

Cubed soap stone, quite cold from living in the freezer. They don't water down the booze. Of course I still do the ice from time to time, but these are fun too. Definitely get a little mineral type flavor out of them.

7. fredgarvin

fredgarvin Member

We're doing a cajun rubbed rolled turkey breast. She's mashing cauliflower n garlic and making a salad. It's going to take a couple hours I'm thinking. i'm drinking McNaughtan in the meantime.

8. CC Overdrive

CC Overdrive Member

Cajun Rolled Turkey Breast?

Yes please.

9. 84superchamp

84superchamp Silver Supporting Member

i never would have guessed soapstone, used to mark metal when piecing together for welding..it seems to break down very easily. sure looks cool as "ice" cubes though. i'll bet a guy could do the same thing with stones. clean them very well & put em in the freezer. hmm

10. CC Overdrive

CC Overdrive Member

I Don't know... try it. I know the soapstone is supposed to have no taste, and if I put it on my tongue, I can't taste it. Its probably just me, but I swear I get a slight minerally taste when used in booze. They stay pretty damn cold. if you miss the taste of some melted water in your drink, then add a splash...

11. derekd

derekd Supporting Member

Yeah, whisky stones are pretty popular these days.

Good idea to keep your drink from getting watered down. We have a set hanging out in the freezer, also.

Steak looks good. Tis thunder storming here, so no grilling tonight. Leftover stuffed salmon with broiled asparagus.

12. Carabinerx

Carabinerx Member

delicious! BUT as a former butcher for one summer during college, id have to say thats a T-Bone, ribeye's on the bottom, tenderloin on the top. All the best bits in one cut

13. take1carry1

take1carry1 Supporting Member

You've definitely got the right idea. Looks great, but that is a pic of a Porterhouse steak (has other names in different parts of the country). Keep on grillin'.

14. hogy

hogy Member

Right idea, yes, but...

a Porterhouse needs to be cut at least 2" thick to cook right on the grill. IMO and all.

15. CC Overdrive

CC Overdrive Member

Yeah, you're right, it is a t-bone, porterhouse...I didn't even really notice that it was a porterhouse. WIN for me. it was about an inch and a half thick on the ribeye side, and about 1.25 on the fillet side. got a good crisp sear, and a nice barely medium tender inside.

16. LHanson

LHanson Member

Last few steaks I've cooked was with this technique, and they turned out great.

Granted, not grilling- although you could use the grill for the finish.

17. Campfired

Campfired Gold Supporting Member

Not an easy question to answer sometimes. Will be doing some shrimp tomorrow.

Easy Grilled Shrimp

2 lb. 26-30 peeled raw shrimp
    ⅓ cup limejuice
    2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
    ¼ cup olive oil

Defrost shrimp, peel and remove tails. Place in small bowl, marinate with remaining ingredients for 45 minutes. Place shrimp equally on metal skewers. Grill over 400 ℉ flame for 3 minutes per side.

Yield: Makes 2 to 4 servings.

Serve with:

Spinach/Bourbon Glazed Pecan/Strawberry Salad, or Grilled Pineapple.

1 bag of baby spinach
    1 (2 lb.) package of strawberries
    1 (6 to 8 oz.) bag of shelled or pecan pieces
    ¼ cup honey
    ¼ cup good bourbon (I use Eagle Reserve Single-Barrel)
    2 heaping teaspoons of cinnamon
    ¼ teaspoon cayenne

Rinse and pat dry spinach under cold water in a colander, then with paper towels. Place spinach in a large bowl. Rinse and cut tops from strawberries, slice into small wedges. Add to large bowl. In a medium to large skillet, toast pecans for 3 minutes over medium high heat until fragrant, then add bourbon, honey, cinnamon and cayenne. Stir to coat, then pour out onto a baking sheet, pieces separated, and allow to cool. Add to bowl of spinach. Toss to combine. Serve with chocolate or raspberry balsamic glaze dressing.

Yield: Makes 6 to 8 side servings.

Grilled Pineapple

1 fresh pineapple, husk and core removed, cubed into 1-¼ -inch size pieces
    ¼ cup honey
    1 tsp cinnamon
    ⅛ tsp ground cayenne

Cube pineapple first and thread onto skewers. Mix honey, cinnamon and cayenne together in a small bowl until incorporated. Brush honey mixture onto pineapple prior to grilling. Grill pineapple over 400 to 475 ℉ heat for 8 to 10 minutes, or until pineapple receives grill marks on all sides. Great with grilled shrimp, frankfurters, bratwurst, and/or baked beans.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  18. IndigoBandit

IndigoBandit Member

Just bought a couple of racks of ribs to cook on my Kamado Joe this weekend.
    Never done them before so if you have some good ribs on a charcoal grill recipes I'd love to hear them!